Beyond angry...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I didn't have to deal with a deal.
I'm glad I found a reasonable low mileage from the first owner only a couple years old.
On the test drive, it was perfect. Body, paint, interior flawless. Runs and drives like new. Not a shake, not a squeak. I was thrilled, and offered him his asking price, didn't try to haggle with him.
The day went to pick it up; he drove it that morning and back into something and dented the tailgate. :whymewhyme:

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks like parking garage clearance damage.
One of the the reasons I've kept the stock antenna is its an early warning indicator of impending oh-sh*t!

I bet your Honda dealer took it in trade and didn't notice, or more likely his parking lot did the damage since I don't see any rust.

I would agree. Where I live trucks are common and many of them see parking garages. Mine is under my office building right now. Many owners have no idea how tall their truck is and this is the result. I have actually watched people scrape their roofs driving into parking structures and they either don't notice or don't care. I bet the delaer did know the damage was there. The detailers certainly saw it.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One of the the reasons I've kept the stock antenna is its an early warning indicator of impending oh-sh*t!

I bet your Honda dealer took it in trade and didn't notice, or more likely his parking lot did the damage since I don't see any rust.

yep..........I had similar (scratches, no gouges) on the roof of my old ramcharger (see avatar) from where I barely made it in the parking garage at the apartment...and by barely, I mean the sign that hung down to warn of low clearance was what drug across the roof...I had 2" of clearance to the concrete beams and that was it....could only park on the main level, could not go up or down.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Lol...exactly why i kept my stock antenna on too. I park in a parking garage everyday in downtown Buffalo, NY. I've measured the stock antenna is about 2 inches taller than the GPS antenna.

And, another reason I like the air suspension. :)

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wow. Hope you get this worked out. Your post had me outside on a ladder checking the roof of the 2014 I purchased last week!

-K

OP
OP
Fletch125

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
Truck is at the body shop being fixed on the dealerships dime luckily. Atleast they made it right but this loner GMC has me conspiring to break my ram out of their and get it home! I haven't felt heart break like this before! Over a truck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is terrible! Absolutely horrible. I can't believe that. I really hope they make it right for your sake. That's messed up if they don't.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck is at the body shop being fixed on the dealerships dime luckily. Atleast they made it right but this loner GMC has me conspiring to break my ram out of their and get it home! I haven't felt heart break like this before! Over a truck!

That's good to hear! Glad they are taking care of you. :happy107:

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
Bed cover? Explanation?

Did they offer a discount on a bed cover?

Did they offer an explanation?

jackal98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi. 5.7
He bought the truck used from a Honda Dealership.

True but the Honda dealership may have access to a parts warehouse/shop that carries bed covers.
Since the Honda dealership buys multiple brands of cars, they will need a place to get parts for multiple brands.

I doubt the dealership simply said, "Whoops...my bad".
Something has to said to the buyer & someone is to blame.

OP
OP
Fletch125

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
Dropped it off Monday and they had it back to me Friday. Looks like it never even happened.
97f8e6ea11c67d6a46c52adfa4b26aa3.jpg
c04348636c78b0ac4f61866fc704f0af.jpg

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like they did a good job. Glad you got it fixed. :D

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Here is what a parking garage looks like lol

878113ddf39b1c3a91330dcb621c477f.jpg

This is my black edition 2014 3 weeks after i sold it to my neighbors who bought if for their 18 year old daughter....

Not the best day for me considering i waxed and fully detailed that truck weekly when i owned it

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad they stepped up! Good job, happy customer.