On board air/train horns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ao looks like ima be getting a air tank for my truck just to have just in case I get screwed In a situation and I also like being that guy who people call for help... So i have found me a tank locally, 7gallon tank but I'm need a compressor and such to go along with it etc... Also was wondering if it would be possible to run like that with a train horn... Not sure how that would work but would be bad ass.....

Any info would be great, I know I would need a kick ass compressor to be able to run air tools from the truck but willing to fork over the money to be able to keep an impact in the truck etc....

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Not sure for compressor size. My cousin runs his air ride and his train horns off the same unit

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So should be fine there... This stuff is new to me so would like to get a good feel for it before it goes on my truck... It will be permanent so I need to find a good way to get it on, don't know if I wanna drill through a perfectly good bed

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup, you can. Most tanks just have 1 port so just put quick connects on it so you can easily switch from horns to tools whenever you need it. I also just bought a 5 gallon tank at tractor supply for only $20, works great

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok cool bean, umm would tractor supply have a compressor??? Then all I would need is the horns and a actuator for train horns right?? I would kill to have this and be able to run air tools out of the bed of my truck, I'ma need a new bad ass alternator for Christmas and I need a new battery now before I get my lights hooked up lol

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
err I dont know if they sell individual compressors... I know you can get those viair ones online for pretty cheap, thats what ill probably do eventually. And ya you can get an air solenoid off amazon for like $25 and all you need is the horns and some hose

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sounds like I'ma slowly piece this together so my parents don't find out and bam!!! On board air and train horns:D I really thi k they would care about the air since it would be for safety stuff etc, cause that is really what it is for... Now the train horns, that's just for fun:D

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hehe thats what im doing.... but then again I dont think my parents would really care lol its mainly because I dont have money for it all. and I would recommend getting a tool box, really the only reason I got one was to put the tank and compressor in

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Wasn't Dave just having a sale on On Board Air systems? maybe he can get you some parts

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea I am going to slowly do it cause of money also, train horns might be awhile lol, gf might help me on those cause she really wants me to have them so she can blow them lol.... Oh and I have a cover;) I'm set:p

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea he was, I know I can't afford his stuff but maybe just a compressor cause I already have a good tank

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Dude she detailed my truck today without telling me, I was washing the our pontton boat and getting it ready for vacation and I go behind my grandparents shed and had Fukken waxed the whole truck and was shining all the chrome, she a deff a keeper

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah dude you have no idea man, she loves to work on the truck and clean it etc, she has already bought me some stickers for it, she told me I was getting something really awesome for chrsitmas for the truck so I can't wait, she just got a new job in cs so she said she is already saving for it lol, she told me though she would double check with me before the time came when she ordered it to make sure it was the right one etc

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
youll get arrested here in ga if you have train horn installed in your truck something to do with the decibels

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah dude you have no idea man, she loves to work on the truck and clean it etc, she has already bought me some stickers for it, she told me I was getting something really awesome for chrsitmas for the truck so I can't wait, she just got a new job in cs so she said she is already saving for it lol, she told me though she would double check with me before the time came when she ordered it to make sure it was the right one etc

nooooooo not stickers ya my better half always does my interior every weekend

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup definitely a keeper lol
youll get arrested here in ga if you have train horn installed in your truck something to do with the decibels
Isnt it only if your caught using it... Like one of those things where its not illegal to have, just use. Ive never heard of arresting but i know you can get a ticket for using it on the road

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yup definitely a keeper lol

Isnt it only if your caught using it... Like one of those things where its not illegal to have, just use. Ive never heard of arresting but i know you can get a ticket for using it on the road

Yes but you know damn well youll use it hell id sit out side walmart myself and blast every person i saw lol. Asked a cop the other day told me they had a few cases now if your caught (using them) youll get arrested then go to court to explain wtf you have air horns lol so ya just some way to make money

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hmm well the train horn thing is not all that enforced around here cause everyone has em and uses them lol