On board air/train horns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
This is kind of funny! Ive been putting together the same thig for my girlfriends truck cause she wanted horns lol

You can wait on the compressor if you don't have the money, 7 gallons goes a long way for horns (I just fill te tank at home or the gas station)
She just has air horns bot trains horns, they're loud as hell and we're only $40 bucks with the solenoid, $15 for a tank, couple bucks in fittings,hose,wire and switch and boom air horns for less then $75
Go to viairs website, it lists what size tank there compressors are good for
Spend the money on a goo one cause you'll just burn out anything you get from tractor supply or harbor freight

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes but you know damn well youll use it hell id sit out side walmart myself and blast every person i saw lol. Asked a cop the other day told me they had a few cases now if your caught (using them) youll get arrested then go to court to explain wtf you have air horns lol so ya just some way to make money

Haha ya i probably would too lol. That blows, i guess it just depends on the area and how bad a mood the cop is in lol. They show up immediately to get you for little things like this but when it comes to more serious things they seem to take their time( not talking about all police officers, just most of the ones around me and the ones ive delt with)

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah I think 7 gallons is plenty for what I'ma need first off, then when I get ready for air tools I will get a good compressor and not waste money. So I would need a set of horns and a selinoid.. Then some tube and fitting from the hardware store And done???

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Yes , I can get just comps

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What would you recommend?? I need something that will mainly just run horns but need the option for air tools like a impact etc...

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
What would you recommend?? I need something that will mainly just run horns but need the option for air tools like a impact etc...

I was going to go with the Viair 275c, maybe dave would have a better recomendation

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was actually looking at that one... Gonna look into mounting options then maybe horns on ebay

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
275c is a good one ... its all about the tank mostly ... hold more less for the comp to work

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Yup
I would say so

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
quadratec was selling complete on-board air kits for pretty cheap not too long ago. i was thinking about getting a kit for my jeep incase i had too inflate my tires on the beach. pretty sweet idea.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
been thinking and for what i need at the very monent i beleive a cheaper compressor from harbor freight will serve me well until i start needing the better one

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hasnt done much with it being our vacation week, tank is just sitting lol

AlljackedupRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get a Viar. I love my compressors. I have a tank and a set of Nathan Air Chimes... I have about $1500.00 invested in the wholesetup tho!!

It's not cheap running all the right wires, cut off switch, plugs, I have an air hose hooked up to it.. .air line.. fittings... list goes on. lol.