Brake light issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tank69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot here but I'm gonna throw it out there , I have a 1989 Ram 1500 , was told yesterday I have no brake lights , checked fuses an bulbs all good , checked the brake light switch it fell apart in my hand . ...... I replaced the switch , now I have the brake light on the back of the cab ( which I've never had in the 3 years I've owned the truck ) but no brake lights in the tail end ......all other lights works ...checked wiring in back end it all looks ok .

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
always go back to the last thing you did.

check that furthest place upstream from the lights where the two systems, (right and left) are common... My guess is a bad plug, or loose wires in the plug at the at the brake light switch.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
............checked wiring in back end it all looks ok .

What does "checked" mean here? If all you did was a visual and not check power/grounds with a multi-meter, you have not eliminated the wiring as cause.

kennewbike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
MY guess would be bad harness plug. I'd check it