Brand new truck vibration. Bitter sweet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram232

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Hi all. Let me first say hi and I love this site. Bought my baby on sunday and couldnt have been happier. 2012 Ram 4x2 sport black (pictures to follow). Drove truck with smooth ride untill hit highway. Once I hit 75-80 truck vibrates like crazy shakes passanger seat like crazu.. Then at 85-90 vibration lessons and almost goes away. Took truck right back to dealer and they said they would balance tires. Just picked truck up happy again. Hit highway and same thing :-(. Service shop doesnt seem to know what else it can be but said bring it back. I love this truck but its spending more milage and time at dealer than for me. Any suggestions what else this may be. I used search option and didnt see anything exactly like mine but may have missed it. Thanks for any help. I love the truck but didnt pay 40k for a truck to vibrate the heck out of me on highway.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
swap those tires maybe? Or maybe an alighnment? I know it sucks, but just keep taking it back and make sure you have paperwork showing that you took it back each time.

BLKDODGE04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
welcome to the forum! hopefully someone will chime in, other than tires and alignment i dont know what else it could be.

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely sounds like something that spins to me. Driveshaft maybe? Can you tell a direction where it is coming from?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do the 2012 trucks use 2 piece driveshafts? If so, I bet it's a bad driveshaft center bearing.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
If it shakes from new, they have to either Fix it, Farm it out to a compotent and proffessional Drive-train/Tire shop or x 2 "Replace the Truck|.... Period. Gotta Love and appreciate having a new Warranty...The fact it is 2Wd just makes diagnosing the problem that much easier IMO....So unless you hit a huge Pothole Going Home?......Good Luck, I/m sure they will make it Right.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man - this sucks. Just go with the stuff the other guys are saying. You expected a new truck and every expectation of a new truck is that everything will be perfect. If you wanted problems, you would've taken a chance on the used lot. Best of luck getting this resolved.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Hope they get that figured out for ya, I have the same problem, but only on a certain stretch of road, which happens to be the one I take to work everyday haha. Not the truck's fault tho, it rides super smooth everywhere else and other people complain of shaking there too, looks like all the heavy oilfield traffic has just effed that stretch of hwy

OP
OP
R

Ram232

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Thank you all for your responses. I have another apt. With service manager on wed. To take a ride witj me. They first said drive 3 or 4 hundred miles for everything to settle in. 431 miles later still bad same place 75-80 mph. Had wife in car and she saw/felt it to so I know im not just being picky. Some info on truck. 2 wheel drive crew cab sport black on black. Ill keep you all posted on outcome. I have heard that the goodyear tires have issues and sometimes need good road force balance but was hoping maybe others on here had same issue and could chime in

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dont take that... it doesnt need to "settle in". No truck should shake. There is a break in period for the drivetrain but I would not deal with a brand new $40000 investment shaking. If you take it in 3 times and they cant find out what the problem is then you qualify for the lemon law.

OP
OP
R

Ram232

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Well a final followup on this.. I am happy to say the dealership came through. I took a ride with the service manager and he saw exactly what the truck was doing. He said " well that just isn't right" After a day of working on the stock tires, they decided that the tires must have been a bad set. All 4 tires replaced and truck drives like a dream now. I have heard of a lot of issues with the good year tires on these trucks and I guess I had just gotten one of the bad sets. All that being said, I could not be happier with the truck now and have already started my mods to it which include chrome step bars, 5% tint, Lockpick, and headrest monitors tied into lockick. I have been so busy and have not gotten to take any great pictures but here is one from the other day when I was admiring her walking out from a store. Thanks everyone for your comments and support.

Attachments

• 2012-11-21 14.11.32 (800x600).jpg
    2012-11-21 14.11.32 (800x600).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 34

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Glad they got it figured out for you.. Now time to start enjoying the truck.