Built strong... Ram-1, Kia-0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So unfortunately someone tried to cause lots of harm to my ram and lost...

An un-licensed 20y/o ran a stop sign causing this... Not his car, luckily the car had insurance and my truck has already been fixed.

believe it or not there is still $3500 in damage to my truck. The left side axle took most of the force and very little body damage, and no frame damage.

As you can see his car is far off worse than mine.

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 166

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That sucks. Glad you and the truck are doing OK!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Wow what a difference in damage!

Glad the owner had insurance, what was that kid thinking though! Idiot

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn that looks like it hurt.

I hope the process goes well and the truck gets fixed the right way

rcarbaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ouch! Glad you are okay. Years ago a 17 yo kid was driving his dad's work truck and t-boned me after he failed to stop for a stop sign. Was driving a brand new 2002 Mazda millennia supercharged that I had for 2 weeks. Did 16000 in damage. Insurance would not total the car. Took 2.5 months to fix. Car was never right.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
lol i love when someone who isn't licensed gets into an accident. You'd think if you were going to already break the law by not being licensed you would drive a little more careful.

-Backstory...an old friend took his brothers car when he was like 16 and crashed it about 3 blocks from his house. Seems to always happen

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow what a difference in damage!

Glad the owner had insurance, what was that kid thinking though! Idiot

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

A 20 year old is not a kid - he is an adult. He should be severely punished, including jail time for this intentional act (driving without a license).

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol i love when someone who isn't licensed gets into an accident. You'd think if you were going to already break the law by not being licensed you would drive a little more careful.

-Backstory...an old friend took his brothers car when he was like 16 and crashed it about 3 blocks from his house. Seems to always happen

Happened to me in my old HD Ram, lucky I build it to be a beast, ended up taking his front end off as he t-boned me in the same way... Under age non licensed driver with no insurance. he was under 16 too, and out past curfew. he messed up my beadlock ring and minor dent in the side of the bumper, no body damage. Oh but he did crack my bushwacker pocket flare which bushwaker sent me a new set free.

Kid was trying to word his way out of it with the CHP when I walked up to give him all my info.... kid at that point realized he F'd up and was F'd when the CHP addresses me by my first name cause he knows me.. lol the look on the kids face was priceless.

kennewbike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
This is why we drive full size trucks with nice strong frames under us!!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you're ok.

OP
OP
B

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck is already fixed. the longest thing to wait for was waiting for the axle and bearings form a ram dealer.

i waited to post this until their insurance accepted full liability which they did.

On top of this i made them replace $1000 worth of car seats that were in the back seat also. and they did.

OP
OP
B

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear about your incident. Hopefully things will get fixed. A lot of drivers near me appear to be distracted meaning that driving is the second thing that they are doing when driving their vehicle.

Almost got side swiped a few days ago..

Excuse the language.

https://vimeo.com/178138552

we have a couple intersections near me that are like that also where there are 2 right turn lanes getting off of a freeway. i also hope that doesnt happen to me at those ones.