buying a 2012 1500 sxt this week.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
We are having a hell of a time choosing between the quad cab and crew. No kids, just a dog, and I won't regularly be using the bed. Maybe a sled down the road. Want the rambox for sure. Using for work basically doing unlocks and such when i don't feel like firing up the freightliner. We live in the mountains, so the trucks are specced with 3.92, limited slip, 5.7, every towing option, skid plates, rambox, bedliner, etc.

Just having a hard time between bed or cab length.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd get the crew cab. The times you do have to carry people in the back you will be glad you got the crew cab.

OP
OP
G

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Kinda what we are thinking, would kill for a longer box on the crew though.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF. Since you say you won't use the bed that often I would go with the crew.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We are having a hell of a time choosing between the quad cab and crew. No kids, just a dog, and I won't regularly be using the bed. Maybe a sled down the road. Want the rambox for sure. Using for work basically doing unlocks and such when i don't feel like firing up the freightliner. We live in the mountains, so the trucks are specced with 3.92, limited slip, 5.7, every towing option, skid plates, rambox, bedliner, etc.

Just having a hard time between bed or cab length.

How big do you need the back seat? I have a quad cab and it is plenty big for anybody back there, but when that extra room in the bed is needed you will be sorry you got the crew cab. I like putting my four wheeler in there with the tailgate closed.

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
its easier to get a trailer than to add cab space.

OP
OP
G

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I guess the crews they have aren't optioned the same. Sage brush green quad is what we ended up with. Pics when we get home!

Sent from my HTC Ruby using Tapatalk

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
congrats man, as long as it says ram and hemi on it you made a great choice!!

macmongrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd get the crew cab. The times you do have to carry people in the back you will be glad you got the crew cab.
Id get the QC (AND DID) and when people do sit in the back...just put your seat up a bit and be polite...youll get where you're going AND still have the better looking truck and longer bed :)

OP
OP
G

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
We would have gotten the crew, buy there was none close with the rambox and other options. waiting for icbc to get their crap together so I can drive it home. man that hemi goes like hell for a truck.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess the crews they have aren't optioned the same. Sage brush green quad is what we ended up with. Pics when we get home!

I love that color..Nice choice

OP
OP
G

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Here it is before they washed it up and all that jazz. Love the Rambox, My boss who is a die hard chevy guy also couldn't stop drooling over them.

It wasn't that long ago when new trucks came with less than 300 horsepower max out of their V8's. Can't get over how much smooth power is available on this thing. Keeps you smilin that's for sure lol.

http://www.ramforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4565&stc=1&d=1333420602
http://www.ramforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4566&stc=1&d=1333420627

Attachments

• IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
G

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes, it is basically how they spec the trucks up here. Undercoating/flaps, mud mats, box liner, rambox, chrome package, large fuel tank, skid plates. It is pretty decently equipped, nothing too fancy inside, just cloth, which is all I wanted.

Leveling kit and a set of headlights from that JJ on here, sorry I don't know him as anything other than that haha. But he does nice work, and I would love to have a set of his lights on this truck. Soon as the finances recover here lol.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
that JJ. LOL

I go by a lot of names (*******, butthead, etc) - I do like the ring of JJ though!

Congrats on the truck!!

Hunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the qc and there's plenty of room especially if you're not too tall and the extra bed space is nice to have