Buying advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

VA10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I suggest that you take a longer look at what you're doing. The only reason you are lowering payments is because you're giving something up- you're buying a truck with nearly double the miles. At to that amount the amount that the dealer is going to make on the deal- they're not in it for free. You're probably extending the term of the loan, too.
If your Toyota meets your needs and is trouble free and you don't hate it I'd think the best financial decision is to stand pat.
That said, I graduated from the school of rationalizing with high honors so I could also make you believe it's the smartest thing ever!
Good luck either way.

I like how you are thinking. I would be shorting my loan by 2 years. I do greatly appreciate you're thought process on this.

I sat down and spoke numbers with the dealer. The deal works on paper in favor more than thought. The Ram I am looking does have more miles + a longer warranty than my Tundra by another 100k miles.

Frustrating part about the deal - is the dealer will not get me a second key without charging me.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If all you don't like with your current truck is payment, why not refinance?

This.

OP, If you're in the position to get a new (to you) vehicle, just refinance the one you already like and have.

Or....

Maybe you just don't wanna admit you dont like your tundra as much as the thought of owning a ram :naughty:

OP
OP
V

VA10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Ram I am looking at is an Outdoorsman CC with premium cloth interior bucket seats.

Added features.

- Uconnect® 8.4AN AM/FM/BT/ACCESS/NAV
- 9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer
- Comfort Group (heated steering whell and seats)
- 3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
- Tow Hooks
- 32-Gallon Fuel Tank
- Rear Extra Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
- Luxury Group
- Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
- Protection Group
- Rear Camera and Park Assist Group
-Second-Row In-Floor Storage Bins
- Rear Power Sliding Window
- Overhead Console
- Media Hub (DS, USB, Aux, Charge Only USB)

OP
OP
V

VA10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This.

OP, If you're in the position to get a new (to you) vehicle, just refinance the one you already like and have.

Or....

Maybe you just don't wanna admit you dont like your tundra as much as the thought of owning a ram :naughty:

There is some truth to the second part.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The advice ronheater gave you is very good. Read and reread that and then ask questions if need be.

You can't go by tow ratings. Most half ton trucks run out of payload well before they hit the oem tow ratings.

The 2015 Silverado i had, had 1704 lbs of payload. With my wife and two kids in that truck, loaded for camping with all the gear, with my tt, which is 6k gvwr, i only had a few hunderd lbs of payload left. I'd bet that load i had on (week camping trip) would have had both the ram your looking at, and your current tundra over loaded, (payload).

Imo a 7k gross tt is pushing the upper limits of 1/2 ton towing. Some of the campers we have been looking at are 7-7500 gvwr and over 29' long and you can see what i upgraded to in December.

Just my .02, i do like more margin than most. I agree with 69gwc, better to get a new express or tradesman for similar money than a 3 yr old truck with 50k. I love my tradesman, but i am a simple country hick. Lol. Good luck.

x2. if you plan on keeping this truck for a long time, i suggest really looking at what kind of trailer you want to buy first and making sure your tow vehicle is adequate. you dont want to find yourself in a position where your limited in what trailers you can buy because of weight or have to buy another truck because the trailer you want is too heavy.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How much would they charge you for that second key programmed ?

F.O.F

OP
OP
V

VA10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much would they charge you for that second key programmed ?

F.O.F

The sales manager said his "price" would be $290. Whether or not that is what I would pay idk. What is a realistic price for the 2014 remote start FOB programmed?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wish that I had an answer for you, but sadly I do not.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sales manager said his "price" would be $290. Whether or not that is what I would pay idk. What is a realistic price for the 2014 remote start FOB programmed?

I'm sorry but the fact the dealer is pedaling back on a key fob would probably make me walk. I mean, thats just a tad ridiculous. I still don't think it's enough truck for what you are describing you desire to do with it. At least in terms of available payload.. I get it, its hard to walk away from something you seemingly have your mind set on.. But spending that kind of money on something that may not be up to the task would be sad..

Last edited: