Buying after lease end date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Has anyone bought their vehicle after the lease ended, if so do they offer incentives, discounts or other percs? Seems like I will be buying directly from Chrysler capital?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have an no they don't offer anything. The residual on your lease agreement is what you can buy it out for

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Damn! I'm hoping my dealer can throw something in as far as oil change plan, auto start, something lol

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
if they do its straight out of their pocket because you are not buying the vehicle from then anymore. You are buying it from the leasing company

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you already did the deal with the dealer. its up to the leasing company to do anything after the lease is up.

unless your residual is next to nothing i personally would look to trade it before the lease is up. if trade in value is more than you owe trade it. if its not then give it back.

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I can buy it out right for $24k

2014 Ram Express 4x4 5.7L
14k miles

Haven't found any others out there that beat this price for mileage wise, pry end up keeping it as this was a $0 down -$199 lease and the cheapest they have now is $299 big horn

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Trade in value , you're probably break even at best. 14k miles helps but it's a express.

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah I figured I'll keep it and level it out on 35s and toss on an exhaust it will be brand new for me

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Dang, $199 and 0 down, NICE...low mileage, keep it and mod it. You don't look to drive much.

silver surfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI, you can't buy direct from Chrysler Capital. Just talked to them this morning. They do have a company they work with, a division of Santabder Bank, called Road Loans, that finances a lot of lease buyouts for Chrysler. My buyout is 26 and change for a 2015 Quad. I believe the APR is around 3%. You don't have to go through dealer. All they do is buy the truck (because they don't own it, the finance company does) and resell it to you. For a fee. Shop for the best rate and get your own financing.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Has anyone bought their vehicle after the lease ended, if so do they offer incentives, discounts or other percs? Seems like I will be buying directly from Chrysler capital?

It's probably to late. When I lease I negotiate the buy out price as part of the deal. Then I know exactly what the price will be if I decide to purchase at the end. It also gives me an idea if I am over mileage allowed on the lease and what the difference is between paying the additional mileage penalty vs. buy out.

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
FYI, you can't buy direct from Chrysler Capital. Just talked to them this morning. They do have a company they work with, a division of Santabder Bank, called Road Loans, that finances a lot of lease buyouts for Chrysler. My buyout is 26 and change for a 2015 Quad. I believe the APR is around 3%. You don't have to go through dealer. All they do is buy the truck (because they don't own it, the finance company does) and resell it to you. For a fee. Shop for the best rate and get your own financing.

Sounds like a plan I called my credit union today and set it up for 1.99%. At my mileage rate it will roll over 100k in 2022

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
But if you add the 24 month lease then you are paying on it for 96 months!

That's a LONG time.

True but the first 24 months were basically half off, which I couldn't afford $500/mo for a new truck so you do what ya gotta do

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if this is what you are going to do i would look into buying an extended warranty. talk to your CU they may let you add it into the loan.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you probably shouldn't have purchased a new truck. I hope you are saving for retirement too.

millennials.. whats retirement.. they live for the here and now and not the future!

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So you probably shouldn't have purchased a new truck. I hope you are saving for retirement too.

Purchased? This was a lease.. 27 months ago. Now that the payment has gone from $500 to about $290, I can make the jump

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i only lease when there is a special, such as yours knowing i will buy it at the ned of lease. the buy out price is pretty firm. i would do the buy out. i believe you qualify for the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. if this interest you, search on line for the best price and see if the dealer will match, or buy on line. you can spread the payments out over 2 years interest free.

Last edited: