Buying my truck tomorrow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nice looking and I am guessing the reason to skip the protection package is the price at even 1600.00. A couple of coats of polish/wax a year protects the paint 50.00, scotch guard the seats yourself for 20-30.00 and have Ziebart/Krown take care of the bottom/underside for a few hundred etc etc. Otherwise happy motoring and enjoy.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice looking and I am guessing the reason to skip the protection package is the price at even 1600.00. A couple of coats of polish/wax a year protects the paint 50.00, scotch guard the seats yourself for 20-30.00 and have Ziebart/Krown take care of the bottom/underside for a few hundred etc etc. Otherwise happy motoring and enjoy.

That was why I said that. It's a gimmick and they try to tell you they do it to all there vehicles and add it in. They tried to get me to pay for nitrogen filled tires. I told them to let it out and fill it with regular old air.

APFSDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the air that goes in the tires, the same air you breathe is already nearly 80% nitrogen anyway. i work at a dealer that offers it and i can get it free if i wanted and don't bother.

nice truck, btw.

OP
OP
W

Will-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah I see. The deal was something like a grand for the paint protection, 500 for the undercoat, and 700 total for the leather, vinyl, and cloth protection. They got it down to 1600 and I thought it was value added. To each their own however, I'm happy with it.

APFSDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that's all that matters then.

i did get the extended warranty on mine, but i got dealer cost. i don't feel bad about that.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ordered my 1500 4 months ago, it finally came in today!

Test driving (it was dark tonight) and purchasing tomorrow (so long as all goes well).

$5k off sticker (2016 model - $2k in rebates, $3k to invoice). Adding taxes and fees at $2.3k. Purchased a protection package - tinting the Windows, treating the cloth and leather on the interior, protecting the paint, and undercoating the vehicle. Package was $2.2k, got it to $1.6k.

Pictures will come, but most importantly - any recommendations on what to pay specific attention to when inspecting and test driving?

P.S. To everyone - Billet Tech is going to have a sale tomorrow at 1 PM for 40% off everything. In case you're procrastinating, tomorrow is a good time.

Gonna be a great weekend, congrats.