A/C Condenser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, So here we go...I just got a call from the dealer...truck was in for the 5yr powertrain check up...turns out I am a couple weeks late and they may not honor it...kinda pissed about that, but while they had it, I asked them to look at the A/C because I had been leaking freon. They tell me that I have a crack in my A/C condenser and it will need to be replaced. $600+ for the part and $300+ for the labor...I looked one up online and it is less than $100! How hard is it to change one of these things and how difficult is it to recharge the system afterwards...? Thanks for the help!

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
not all the difficult to do if your handy. your most likely going to need a set of ac line disconnects to separate the condenser from the lines. as far as charging it goes, your probably better off letting a shop do that. youll need a good set of gauges just to get the proper amount of freon in the system which would cost about as much as you would pay to have it charged. plus youll never get it perfect without having the system evacuated of all air.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, So here we go...I just got a call from the dealer...truck was in for the 5yr powertrain check up...turns out I am a couple weeks late and they may not honor it...kinda pissed about that, but while they had it, I asked them to look at the A/C because I had been leaking freon. They tell me that I have a crack in my A/C condenser and it will need to be replaced. $600+ for the part and $300+ for the labor...I looked one up online and it is less than $100! How hard is it to change one of these things and how difficult is it to recharge the system afterwards...? Thanks for the help!

I thought they were suppose to send you a card/letter in the mail to notify you about the check up..
I think the window is 60 days before and after the date you purchased the truck, if over you can try to talk with them to cover it.

For the AC, it shouldn't be to hard to replace the condenser. If it is replaced and it is not a new part make sure it is super clean inside. Find someone to evacuate and recharge it for you if you are not familiar with AC systems. It may also need a little oil added for a condenser replacement.

Good luck