A/C Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert95z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x4
2012 Ram 1500

I feel like my A/C doesn't blow as hard as it should. It still gets pretty cold but I think it could blow harder. Ive replaced the blower motor a couple times over the years from it going out.

But my main concern is the Recirculation. When I press the button I dont hear anything going on. I think usually you wear hear the A/C kick up a notch or something right? When I press the Recirc button the light illuminates, but I dont think its working as it should..

Advice?

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can you hear the blending door moving?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Broyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A question: Do you get the same amount of air flow (any change) when you switch from normal air flow to recirculate?

I ask because I'm wondering if you have installed a cabin air filter? If you haven't and if you have driven in dusty or other conditions where you get small leaf parts or tree needles, then maybe it's your evaporator core becoming plugged?

OP
OP
R

Robert95z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x4
Thanks for the replies.

I do not hear anything when clicking the button, not sure how loud its supposed to be? I'll pay closer attention.

Flow definitely does not change whether recirc is on or off

I do not believe my truck has a cabin filter?

OP
OP
R

Robert95z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x4
Took the glove box off, dont see a filter anywhere. And do not hear any noises when clicking the circ button.

Edit: Def no air filter, it has a slot that can be cut-out to add one.

Broyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it is a plugged evaporator core, I don't think much can be done to clean it. I think it would need to be replaced and from reading post on these forums that is a very expensive fix. I am not sure if that's the only thing you could do. Maybe someone has some experience in this area that could suggest something.

And quite possibly it is the recirc door that is the problem.

As an aside, I installed my cabin air filter (it had the door and cover in place but no filter) at 200 kilometers. I had 8,500km on it when I changed it and I was very surprised at how much tree bits and fuzzy stuff and dust were in it and I haven't driven on dust roads or in the bush .

OP
OP
R

Robert95z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 1500 Sport Crew 4x4
I think the evap core was replaced under warranty not long ago. I'll have to look and see if thats what was replaced. I had a problem where my evap core was freezing up and had ZERO airflow when taking long trips. So i think they replaced the evap core. I will have to look.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
is there a way to access the front sides of the fins in the evap coil? maybe they can be vacuumed and then combed clean.

* asking for a friend

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963