Canceled lifetime warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Must have changed recently as both my lifetimes have that statement in the fine print.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Must have changed recently as both my lifetimes have that statement in the fine print.

Mine does too......and if you read ALL of that fine print and all sections that apply.....it states if you are more than 7 yrs past the in-service date of the vehicle (the day you bought it, NOT the day you got the warranty), or are over 100,000 miles, you get 25 bucks back....period.

Even if you DO NOT USE IT !!!!

The only full refund on the lifetime plans is if you cancel it within 60 days of getting it AND no claims have been made.
if any claims have been made, then it will be pro-rated for length of time & mileage and amount of the claim.
If you cancel & haven't used it, you get a pro-rated amount based on time & mileage, then after the 7 yr / 100k mark, you get 25 bucks.

So, since I got mine at the 4 yr point, if I had asked to cancel it at 61 days, I'd get less than 1/2 of what I paid back.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine does too......and if you read ALL of that fine print and all sections that apply.....it states if you are more than 7 yrs past the in-service date of the vehicle (the day you bought it, NOT the day you got the warranty), or are over 100,000 miles, you get 25 bucks back....period.

Even if you DO NOT USE IT !!!!

The only full refund on the lifetime plans is if you cancel it within 60 days of getting it AND no claims have been made.
if any claims have been made, then it will be pro-rated for length of time & mileage and amount of the claim.
If you cancel & haven't used it, you get a pro-rated amount based on time & mileage, then after the 7 yr / 100k mark, you get 25 bucks.

So, since I got mine at the 4 yr point, if I had asked to cancel it at 61 days, I'd
get less than 1/2 of what I paid back.

i am missing the part that says the dealer gets a % of that 25.00.

Topped

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The @$713 chargeback to the dealer is the profit they made when they sold it to you (perhaps a portion of the profit at that). The dealer is CHARGED BACK, or loses that amount. The finance dept will lose that $$ amount from their bottom line.

It has nothing to do with the amount you received.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio