Carli track bar jam nut help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys, the jam nut on my track bar keeps coming loose. I've tighten to the point my arms shake and lost a few mm of skin off my knuckles. I've put red lock tight and it keeps coming loose. I want put another jam nut against the jam nut.

Anyone know what size the nut is and can I get it from lowes or homedepot????

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey guys, the jam nut on my track bar keeps coming loose. I've tighten to the point my arms shake and lost a few mm of skin off my knuckles. I've put red lock tight and it keeps coming loose. I want put another jam nut against the jam nut.

Anyone know what size the nut is and can I get it from lowes or homedepot????

Post a pic of your track bar. You're doing something wrong if it's the Spohn bar you're dealing with,you shouldn't need to double nut a jam nut,especially if you've used red Loctite on it. Even if one side of the adjuster loosens,it still shouldn't turn as it's a solid mounting point on both sides of the bar,and techinically one jam nut should keep the adjuster from loosening. You are tightening the jam nuts against the steel bar on both sides I hope.