CEL and Oil light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Northy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 sxt cc
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi all

I have a 2012 ram 1500 sxt with a hemi

When I am randomly driving my cel and oil flash ding twice and goes away.

Does anyone know what may cause this as it does not stay on and goes away. it is driving me nuts but only has happened a hand full of times. I am just trying to think of possibilities as to the cause

thanks in advanced

OP
OP
N

Northy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 sxt cc
Engine
5.7 hemi
my cel doesnt stay on to indicate anything. just had a fresh oil change in thebeginning on January and it still reads in valid range

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
if the cell came on there should be a stored code. i would be worried about the oil pump. that goes so does your engine.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Maybe the guy who changed your oil didn't clear it? I know you can clear it in my 2010, I dunno about 2012. Turn gas to last position before it starts, then turn off, press gas pedal 3 times and then start truck.

OP
OP
N

Northy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 sxt cc
Engine
5.7 hemi
if the cell came on there should be a stored code. i would be worried about the oil pump. that goes so does your engine.

It's not stored I've checked with my reader .. says nothing valid ..

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
are you reading normal oil pressure on your EVIC ?

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Oil pressure sensor are a common problem with sending false readings, usually sets P0520. TSB says to replace the sensor if that DTC is present. Other things could be incorrect oil viscosity, or oil level too low or high. Also, was this happening prior to your recent oil change?

OP
OP
N

Northy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 sxt cc
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oil pressure sensor are a common problem with sending false readings, usually sets P0520. TSB says to replace the sensor if that DTC is present. Other things could be incorrect oil viscosity, or oil level too low or high. Also, was this happening prior to your recent oil change?

That is correct only been happening so last Oil change .. not sure if there's a way to prove the dealer put the wrong oil .: may just change it myself as warrenty is up in 30 km

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
That is correct only been happening so last Oil change .. not sure if there's a way to prove the dealer put the wrong oil .: may just change it myself as warrenty is up in 30 km

Check your invoice / receipt. The part number, quantity, & description should tell everything. If in doubt, call them up

OP
OP
N

Northy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 sxt cc
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check your invoice / receipt. The part number, quantity, & description should tell everything. If in doubt, call them up

Yah I called and I did check my last invoice stated 5w20 .. but still may just change it myself because they can say they put it on paper but may not of in person