Chevy guy just switched to a 6.7 anything i need to watch out for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have been a chevy guy for years now never had troubles from them. I just bought a new Cummins with the AISIN trans to tow a bigger trailer with. Is there anything i need to watch for or any problems dodge has been having with these trucks? Thanks!

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome, Lots of HD guys here to help you

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Watch out for the woman. They'll come flocking to you! That ******'s is something else.

Just keep up on the fuel filter and oil changes for now!

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Watch out for chebbies too, they're always in the way :naughty:

rvj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Be careful with that smile on your face, try to frown every now and then or your face will freeze with a grin on it.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I just bought a new Cummins with the AISIN trans to tow a bigger trailer with. Is there anything i need to watch for or any problems dodge has been having with these trucks? Thanks!

Just break in the axle gears as defined in the break-in procedure (drive 500 miles before towing) and that is it. The Cummins comes out of the box ready to work.

If you do your own maintenance, just follow the published schedule. Look through YouTube for self-help videos on oil changes (first time is a bear) and fuel filter changes. If you have a 4x4, the front drive shaft has a unique grease fitting, YouTube is very helpful here as well.

I've got a 2015 3500 Cummins, problem free so far and there doesn't seem to be any issues with the current Gen IV RAMs after they worked out some emission issues in 2014.

The only weirdness is the DEF gauge, it isn't linear, so don't be surprised when it reads near empty but only takes three gallons.

Last edited: