Civil Case? Safety issue and crashworthiness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my intent wasn't to sound sue happy (Or that I would sue my neighbors for falling). I was just going off the advice I was told. I was still unsure of what to do, so that is why I asked the question's and made the statements on here that I did.

I appreciate all the advice I was given and now I'm more aware because of it.

Last edited:

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
So you want to sue because you found a bolt that wasn't fastened? And don't want to thread it in yourself as you may have a "case"... WTF....

"Can't use the truck? Stop whining and thread the bolt in.

Last edited:

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since it seems like the attorneys don't feel like it's a worthwhile case and Ram dealerships aren't exactly known for their stellar service, if it was me I'd just fix it and try to be thankful something worse didn't have a chance to happen...

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
take it to the dealer have them install them properly so that if there is a problem in the future you have proof the dealer did the install. and then go on with your life.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
take it to the dealer have them install them properly so that if there is a problem in the future you have proof the dealer did the install. and then go on with your life.

Appreciate the advice. I'll look into that. Just looking for some liability on this, as someone either removed it or it was never installed. The dealer should have found this during their inspection as the rear seat belt wouldn't work.

Just want to make sure nothing else was missed, or is out of place.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you want to sue because you found a bolt that wasn't fastened? And don't want to thread it in yourself as you may have a "case"... WTF....

"Can't use the truck? Stop whining and thread the bolt in.

I have no idea if so or not. A legal friend of mine said not to touch it and call an attorney, so that's what I did.

I have no issue with fixing it myself so I can stop "whining" and get on with my life. This issue should have been caught by dealer during inspection is all I'm saying.

I just want to make sure nothing else is out of the ordinary and have it be safe.

I guess take it to dealer is the best option.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you only bought it 5 months ago then you must have bought it used I take it. If that's the case, does it still have any of the factory warranty left??? If not, then I'd say bolt the damn thing back together and get on with your life.... man people these days want to sue over everything. It COULD have been a safety hazard and hurt someone but it didn't, A meteor COULD have fallen on your truck also, A lot of things COULD happen.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep bolt it in and carry on about your business. Thanksfully no injuries. No need to be sue happy about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
jesus christ

you don't have a case until someone is injured due to faulty equipment. Right now all you have is faulty equipment, which is a warranty issue, not a legal issue.

I bet your the type of person that would intentionally fall down your neighbors stairs and sue because they weren't painted safety yellow.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Guys this is going to be the one warning to keep the replies respectful and not bash the original poster. He didn’t say he was suing. He said he inquired about what to do from lawyers, and is now asking on here what he should do.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
No harm = no case as stated. If you have the bolts, bolt them or take it to the dealership and have them bolt them in, or drive it back to the factory and have them bolt them in. I’m glad you didn’t find out the hard way that they weren’t installed and your children are safe. That’s pretty much where it ends.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No harm = no case as stated. If you have the bolts, bolt them or take it to the dealership and have them bolt them in, or drive it back to the factory and have them bolt them in. I’m glad you didn’t find out the hard way that they weren’t installed and your children are safe. That’s pretty much where it ends.

Thanks appreciate the advice.

I will just install them and be about my way. Just glad nothing bad happened.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
jesus christ

you don't have a case until someone is injured due to faulty equipment. Right now all you have is faulty equipment, which is a warranty issue, not a legal issue.

I bet your the type of person that would intentionally fall down your neighbors stairs and sue because they weren't painted safety yellow.

Appreciate your advice. I wasn't aware how that works. I was just going off based what I was told from a legal friend on the matter. I'm not a sue happy person.

I just want to make sure their are no other concerns with vehicle.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it would make you feel better and maybe so you have some sort of visual record, take a couple of pictures of what you have found and keep the pictures. If you want you can also share them with the dealer just for their FYI, but to be honest---right or wrong--they could probably give a ****, cause nothing happened that was detrimental to them. Remember the old saying---"No picture, it didn't happen".
Jay

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I remember my old Jeep had a 7 or 10 year warranty on airbags/seat belts. This was for all vehicles, regardless of if you got an extended warranty or not.

Are you guys sure that it wouldn’t be covered by taking it to the dealer?