Clearance Light Seal Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ollie770

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Dumb question on the rubber seal for the Mopar clearance lights that I am putting on my 2015 Ram 2500 CC. There a small "lip' on the outside edge of the gasket. This should fit onto the lens so the seal is "attached" to lens before installing, right? The other option would be just setting the lens sit on top of the seal and then tighten screws. I think fitting the lens into that little lip/groove is right but just wanted to check cuz I dont wanna screw it up and have leaks!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes that is how it goes together, seat the light inside the gasket then install, don't over tighten though cause you can pop the threads on the light somewhat easy. also if you are installing lights on a non-clearance light equipped truck, test fit prior to drilling holes. it is very easy to get some lights that don't seal well if in the wrong spot. I also have had issues with Recon lights not matching the roof profile and required slight modification to fit and seal well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio