Climate control sporadic issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello guys, I'm having some issues with the climate controls on my 09 Ram 1500. Few weeks ago climate control stopped working, checked the fuses and the HVAC fuse was blown, replaced it and everything back to normal. The problem is that it does
Stops working sporadically, not while driving but when i start the truck back on. Went on a road trip and worked perfect, it didn't work on the way back at all. Removed some fuses and started working, had a smoke with my buddy, got on the truck to leave and it wasn't working again. Got home, wife had to use truck, told her AC wasn't working and it did work for her... I don't know what's going on but it's driving me crazy. When is not working it kinda blows a little bit of warm air to the floor, lights and knobs on climate controls won't work either. Any ideas? Thanks!
4f8e62821d939f9efa4d0b628a58e3ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably the place to start would be to have the dealer or a shop with the 'right' kind of scanner do a scan and see what codes (if any) are being thrown. Everything is hooked to the computer so the chances there's a code is high. Based on whatever comes up should be a good place to start. The dealer has probably seen it before I'm guessing.

When it stops working (but fuse not blown), what's it not doing? Does the fan still work, just A/C doesn't?

OP
OP
C

Cgiese80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When it stops working it doesn't do anything. Nothing works A/C or heater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk