Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > General Discussions

General Discussions

Come on RAM

This is a discussion on Come on RAM within the General Discussions forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
All RAM has to do is put into production the Rebel TRX concept-which judging by the promotional webpage for it ...

Like Tree89Likes

Sponsored By: All Mopar Parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #91 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default Come on RAM
All RAM has to do is put into production the Rebel TRX concept-which judging by the promotional webpage for it seems very likely and the raptor would be eaten alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkimg_0440.jpg

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
bpa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:46 PM   #92 (permalink)

Engine: Hemi 5.7
Originally Posted by bpa88 View Post
All RAM has to do is put into production the Rebel TRX concept-which judging by the promotional webpage for it seems very likely and the raptor would be eaten alive.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAttachment 82775

I really hope so

WillO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #93 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Originally Posted by shibby927 View Post
Anymore a lot of stuff is modular and you can add the options later from the dealer. Backup cameras, and things like that. You simply buy the parts and get them installed or install them yourself. You don't have to buy one package and stick to it. Problem is that OEM parts like that are stupid expensive, and more often than not the aftermarket solutions out there are better quality, and more cost effective..
That's true, but only with certain options. Some do come in packages and can't be added afterwards.
So I do get what huntergreen is saying.

I was disappointed to find out that in order to get leather, I had to go with the Sport trim or higher.
Similar deal with the halogen projector headlights.
That's another factory option that can't be installed after the fact, unless you go with an aftermarket setup.

The Outdoorsman made more sense for me, based on my needs.
It's kind of annoying that I'd have to change trim levels to get something as simple as leather.

I did have a factory backup camera added after the fact because the truck I bought was off the lot and didn't have it.
However even that wasn't a simple add-on (unless I wanted one of those aftermarket rear view mirror ones).
It took them about 6 months to develop the proper software fix for UConnect before they could install it.

I'm not an aftermarket guy when it comes to things like that.
A tonneau cover or side steps, sure. But when it comes to the primary options in my vehicle, I want them to be factory installed and tied to the VIN number. I also prefer to keep the factory look.
I guess I'm just a little OCD that way.
huntergreen likes this.
dRAMbuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:37 PM   #94 (permalink)

Name: steve

Engine: hemi 5.7
Anymore a lot of stuff is modular and you can add the options later from the dealer. Backup cameras, and things like that. You simply buy the parts and get them installed or install them yourself. You don't have to buy one package and stick to it. Problem is that OEM parts like that are stupid expensive, and more often than not the aftermarket solutions out there are better quality, and more cost effective.

I used to be of the same mentality about fancier options but when I first bought a vehicle that came equipped with Navigation, a backup camera, power seats, a sunroof, and things like that. I realized just how nice they are to have. Backing in is a cinch, do I need a backup camera to do it? No, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it makes things a helluva lot easier, not to mention when you're backing out of parking spaces at a crowded market or store it's kind of nice to be able to see the shorter folk, and kids who wander behind your vehicle and you might not of otherwise seen them. The fancier stuff is creature comforts for sure, but they're damn nice. The one thing on my new RAM that I really love that I thought I'd never use is the heated steering wheel. It is nice when it's -10 degrees outside with bone chilling winds and you hop into a warm vehicle and can put your hands on a nice warm steering wheel.

I spend a ton of time in my vehicles, I drive around a lot, just to drive because I enjoy it. I'm in my vehicle more than I'm in my home, so I might as well enjoy it. But I can understand an appreciation for the simpler things as well.
all true, but imho, for the ,money we spend on our trucks, we should be able to get them built to our spec.
huntergreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:42 AM   #95 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Engine: 5.7L Hemi
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
all true, but imho, for the ,money we spend on our trucks, we should be able to get them built to our spec.
You can do that by ordering one can't you?

2016 RAM 1500 QC 4x4 Big Horn 5.7L Hemi. MODS: 3.92 Gears, LSD, LED Conversion, Lund Genesis Tonneau, Linex'd, EGR Vent Visors, CAF Mod, DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Stubby Antenna, Winblink LED Tailgate Bar, Huskyliner Weatherbeaters, Magnaflow 14" Exhaust, 3M Vinyl Wrapped Grille, Debadged, Black Grille and Tailgate Emblems, .75 Cent Mod, Pedal Commander.
shibby927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #96 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: 6.7
You can do that by ordering one can't you?

To streamline mass production you can't line item add, only groups. And some groups are only available to certain trims.

Back in the day you could order the exact vehicle you wanted from Chrysler. Those days are long gone ages ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #97 (permalink)

Name: steve

Engine: hemi 5.7
Originally Posted by drittal View Post
To streamline mass production you can't line item add, only groups. And some groups are only available to certain trims.

Back in the day you could order the exact vehicle you wanted from Chrysler. Those days are long gone ages ago.

i was around for those days.
huntergreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #98 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: 5.7
Originally Posted by djarrett View Post
It seems like the f-150 gets a new grill/headlight/bumper almost every year. I dont really like any of them. Maybe dodge had the mentality of "its a good looking design and more profit the longer you run it." It has to be expensive to re-tool a factory that often.

I feel the same. It's like the challenger and wrangler. Why fix what isn't broken.

djarrett likes this.
mpress2570 is offline   Reply With Quote