Could someone confirm if my gauges are working properly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlisAquilae

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab HEMI
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello,

Could someone please confirm if their RAM shows the same dash lights as I am seeing in each mode? I swapped to a Gibson cat-back exhaust this weekend and I could have sworn that I have never seen the check engine light on in any mode before I installed the new exhaust.

No key - no indicator lights
Acc - no indicator lights
Run - several indicator lights come on (check engine, ABS, traction, slip detected etc) and a few seconds later all turn off EXCEPT for check engine. Check engine alone is on for as long as I leave the key in "Run" without starting the engine.
Engine on - check engine light goes away

Thanks,
B

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Confirmed Correct

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Normal. The truck is in the run position and not running. The computer sees all kinds of problems with that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AlisAquilae

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Quad Cab HEMI
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for the responses!

I had seemed to recall that when the ABS/traction/other lights turned off, the check engine would turn off also?

I left the key in "run" for a little longer just now and after about 10 seconds the check engine light flashes a few times before returning to solid.

Is this all still consistent with what you all are seeing?