Couple misc questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a couple unrelated questions...

First, for those of you guys who have replaced your rear shocks, how did you access the upper bolt on the drivers side? I looked at it today and seemed like you might have to remove the well liner to get at it.

Second, I've changed to the Fuel wheels and wondered what to tq the lugs to for those of you with aftermarket wheels?

Third, I backed into my mothers car today (Yes, I'm an idiot) so I need to either repair or replace the rear bumper. I can get a painted one off eBay for $300-$400 or my deductible for the insurance will be $500. Do you think the quality of the replacement id get at a body shop would be worth the extra money or should I just get one off eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Regarding the rear shocks, I replaced mine and added spacers this past weekend. I took the wheel well liner out on both sides. Took all of 5 minutes and made it a heck of a lot easier. To get the top shock bolt out you will need either an offset box end wrench or a short open ended wrench. I was able to make a 6" adjustable wrench work, but I've also seen guys that have cut a wrench down to fit. Whichever route you go, 6" will be your limit on wrench length. I had to loosen the nut and get it turned just right to be able to get my wrench down on the nut, but once its on there it's easy going.

Jeffnc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram
Engine
Got a couple unrelated questions...

First, for those of you guys who have replaced your rear shocks, how did you access the upper bolt on the drivers side? I looked at it today and seemed like you might have to remove the well liner to get at it.

Second, I've changed to the Fuel wheels and wondered what to tq the lugs to for those of you with aftermarket wheels?

Third, I backed into my mothers car today (Yes, I'm an idiot) so I need to either repair or replace the rear bumper. I can get a painted one off eBay for $300-$400 or my deductible for the insurance will be $500. Do you think the quality of the replacement id get at a body shop would be worth the extra money or should I just get one off eBay?

Depending on your location. I have a chrome bumper with exhaust cut outs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depending on your location. I have a chrome bumper with exhaust cut outs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk