Dealer accessory prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Hey folks, just wanted to pass along a couple of positive experiences I had over the last two weeks. I purchased a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn, QC, 3.6, 4x4 in December. I'm finally getting around to adding some accessories and have been pricing around. Unexpectedly, my local dealer's prices were in line with internet prices when they apply the 15% discount I've been getting coupons for from RAM. The downside is sales tax so, unless you live in a no sales tax state, you're going to have to add back that cost.

Last week I was looking for the trailer brake controller. The online prices I was seeing were in the $239-$250 range. My dealer sold me the part for $239 + tax. And, he had the part in stock so I took it home that day. This morning, I was pricing around for a RAM bed carpet (Part #82209888AB) and the best price I found online was $351 + $146 for shipping. I also checked Amazon and could have had it shipped to me for $400 including shipping. I hit up my local dealer again and, with the 15% discount, they offered it to me at $373.74. No shipping charge but add back sales tax, total cost = $399.43 INCLUDING shipping to the dealer.

I know every dealer is different, the dealer I made these two purchases from (Dover Dodge, Rockaway, NJ. It may be listed as Dover, NJ also) was not the dealer I purchased my truck from. Not that I wouldn't have bought from them, they just didn't have what I was looking for at the time I was looking. The point of this thread, with all the heat dealers take, is to give credit where it's due and to remind folks not to skip over your local dealers when looking for accessories, or parts. I simply told the dealer I got the coupon in my email from RAM and they applied it.

Full disclosure, I DO NOT work for RAM or Dover Dodge, just giving some information on a positive experience I had.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Been there a few times. Great info on accessories. Thanks

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've also found a few dealers very competitive on the install, like $100 for the brake controller. You'd probably pay most of that for the flash following a DIY install anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I've also found a few dealers very competitive on the install, like $100 for the brake controller. You'd probably pay most of the for the flash following a DIY install.

Yep. they're charging me 1-hour labor for the install. $96.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I also have been lucky with my dealer ! :) Boards, OEM Rear View Camera , mud flaps all were in the internet range. Your lucky to have a good dealer :)

raymond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Trucks Accessories always come Handy

Purchasing Truck accessories at right price is a big challenge. What do you guys suggest should we purchase aftermarket parts or should purchase used Parts for our trucks which one will last longer?

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my bedrug bed liner, and my weathertech liners for less than Amazon or any local shops from dealer. I think my closest dealer monitors online prices pretty closely and keeps in line with them. 4x4 parts has a local store and they had the same price on the Weathertechs but had to order them versus dealer had them in stock so I went with them rather than wait.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Prices on accessories can also vary by dealer and mine has matched or beaten other quotes I have received. I also would recommend my dealer (Stan McNabb in Tullahoma, TN) to anyone.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The smart dealer is aware of the competition and will bend according to the way the wind is blowing. As a former business owner of the brick and mortar kind I empathize because many times you are fighting against an online business that doesn't stock anything, just places orders for drop shipment. And unfortunately there are times that the online pricing is below the brick and mortar stores cost so they are behind the eight ball from the onset.

OP
OP
K

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The smart dealer is aware of the competition and will bend according to the way the wind is blowing. As a former business owner of the brick and mortar kind I empathize because many times you are fighting against an online business that doesn't stock anything, just places orders for drop shipment. And unfortunately there are times that the online pricing is below the brick and mortar stores cost so they are behind the eight ball from the onset.
Agreed. I'm also seeing a lot of companies following the "everyone must charge the same price" model. In the end this helps the mom and pop shops as well as businesses like car dealers. I'm seeing it a lot in the motorcycle apparel industry.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956