Dealer Fixed broken manifold bolts under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgeramit1001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I live in the Dallas area, and my manifold bolts snapped was quoted 680 and 700 by 2 different dealers to fix them. Then I went to the Pat Lobb Dodge Chrysler jeep in Frisco. the service manager told me that they are a known problem to break and he has fixed 6 in the 2 months the dealership has been open. Anyway he told me according to his computer and lead tech it is covered under your powertrain warranty and no one should be charging you anything to fix it. If you are in the DFW area and have this problem I would highly recommend checking them out.

JimE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live in the Dallas area, and my manifold bolts snapped was quoted 680 and 700 by 2 different dealers to fix them. Then I went to the Pat Lobb Dodge Chrysler jeep in Frisco. the service manager told me that they are a known problem to break and he has fixed 6 in the 2 months the dealership has been open. Anyway he told me according to his computer and lead tech it is covered under your powertrain warranty and no one should be charging you anything to fix it. If you are in the DFW area and have this problem I would highly recommend checking them out.

Good to hear there is more than one dealership that has a service department that understands the nature of the warranty. Candidly I can't believe the treatment some here have received at dealerships.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
What was some of the signs of them being broken?

I heard this is a common problem with the 2009s

Thanks
Steven

OP
OP
D

dodgeramit1001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
mine was quite obvious on start up it rattled like crazy. And the noise sounded like the engine ticking over but 20 times louder if you youtube hemi exhust leek you can find a few videos

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats great they took care of you. Doesn't seem like any dealers want to do warranty work anymore.