Dealer help with RDZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all I'm at my end with this issue. I'm trying to get a local dealer to call into Chrysler Warranty center. I need code RDZ added to my Vin, and I'm caught in a bit of a round robin here. I tried calling Chrysler directly, he did not say "no" just that they would typically do this upon delivery and the request must come from the dealer. Like the remote start that was added to my 2011 outdoorsman 1500. My local dealers are not sure who or how to call in to have it added. I do not know if that is a fact or just what they are saying.

I've added a RER stereo and the controls , harness and leather steering wheel to be used on factory steering wheel radio controls, I have the center EVIC from factory but I do not have the code RDZ to pull from the menu attached to my VIN in star scan.

Is this difficult to call in? Can a dealer or tech on here give me directions that I can forward to a local dealer? Can this be done remotely? I'm sure something could be worked out.

thanks
bob

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is my understanding that the dealer has the authority and ability to add some codes. They do not have that ability for some other codes. These have to be done by the "regional" office. The request has to be made by the dealer and they must furnish the regional office with the vin off your truck. I assume there might be other codes that the factory has to add but I don't know that for a fact. The code information was given to me by a service manager that I trust and who has given me accurate information in the past.
Jay

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Send a message to a member on here : Ramcares

They should be able to assist you if there's a way for it to be done.

Good luck.

OP
OP
N

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like another dead end...