Dealer replacing entire rear end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Took my 2011 R/T in last week for a couple of issues, howling read end, and rattling torque convertor. After inspection of rear end they discovered allot of metal filings in rear end oil. Dealer completely disassembled rear axle to find nothing obviously wrong, so they claim the entire housing is warped, don't know why, never abused it, manufacturing defect I guess. Anyway they ordered a complete new 3rd member from flange to flange should be here in a few days. Can't wait for them to tackle the torque convertor, should be interesting. Will post results of that. Guess I should be counting my lucky stars the dealer is going after this with such vigor. They did complain a little about the lowering, but decided to fix anyway. Whew!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a rattle in my Torque Converter and something is wrong with my driver seat. I need to schedule an appt and have it looked at already.

OP
OP
HEMIRT

HEMIRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Before going to dealer google, Star Case: S1121000005, this has info about the rattling convertor, print it out and take it with you, should help state your issue.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
glad to hear they are fixing it for you

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a rattle in my Torque Converter and something is wrong with my driver seat. I need to schedule an appt and have it looked at already.

The drivers seat as in it shifting and making almost popping sounds? This is what mines doing i need to get it to the dealer

(green tapatalk)

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The drivers seat as in it shifting and making almost popping sounds? This is what mines doing i need to get it to the dealer

Yea, it sounds like one of the bolts is loose or something. I've checked, they aren't. I think it's something internal to the seat. Like the seat back vs the base. I am really annoyed by it. Only vehicle I've ever had 'interior' problems with is the brand new truck I buy. :shooter:

jacsyl94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good the dealer is going to fix it for you....hope they don't give you a hard time with the rental car..

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, it sounds like one of the bolts is loose or something. I've checked, they aren't. I think it's something internal to the seat. Like the seat back vs the base. I am really annoyed by it. Only vehicle I've ever had 'interior' problems with is the brand new truck I buy. :shooter:

Wow wonder if it will end up being a recall. My seat is doing the exact same thing. I have yet to find anything loose on it.

(green tapatalk)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock