Dealership warranty re-work and other fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
got word from the dealership that the leak is coming from the rear window. I suspected this was the case but could never really tell. I hope they can remove and reinstall the window without messing up my tint!

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe we had one and it was an issue with the molding/seal for the rear slider. If I remember correctly.

Thanks man! Mine ended up being a leaking window seal:favorites13:

If you are still getting wet floors after a good rain check the cab vent between the bed and cab. That's we're my leak came from. Went to the dealership three times before they found the leak. Leak free ever since.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hopefully I won't need to look there as well but I thank you for the heads up!

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
got a call from the dealership yesterday the door chips have been touched up, rear window re-sealed, and passenger mirror trim replaced. Fingers crossed all the work performed is correct and no additional damage was done to the truck.......

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope that things go well for you(and your truck).
Jay

OP
OP
M

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to update the status here; ramcares and Chrysler customer care did a fantastic job at helping me out with my issues/concerns; turns out the gentleman that helped me out at local dealership was equally helpful. Rear window was removed and re-installed (no leak), door chip touch ups are good, visor replaced, and engine tick documented at the dealership and with Chrysler in the event a future concern arises.

Everyone was easy to deal with and that was most appreciated. Now I can install my subwoofer already!!

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cold tick that goes away as engine warms is going to be warranty repair of an exhaust manifold bolt, or warped manifold replacement.

If the tick stays as engine heats, then you need an oil with a good amount of Molybdenum: Mobile One, Pennzoil Ultra Premium, or one of the harder to find oils like Schafer or Royal Purple.

There are a couple of threads you can search for on the forum if you need more info.

Also there is a forum member 'Ram Cares' (I think) that is FCA customer outreach. You can always look them up in the member directory and PM them.

Is this a warranty up to 36,000? Or will apply for mileage after that?