Dealership wrecked friend's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, a friend of mine has a 2016 ram 3500 limited dually and was getting it serviced at our local dealership and they were pulling the truck into their bay and tore up the rear dually fender. They said they were going to pull out the dent. Any advice on what they should do?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let them fix it and tell them not to settle for anything less then how it was originally. Worst case, they'll need to replace the fender (which I assume is a separate piece). Most dealerships are pretty good at taking care of things like this. Might try and ask for a free lifetime warranty and/or some free oil changes as compensation for the inconvenience.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ what he said- I think they have to replace the whole fender but I could be wrong- But getting the warranty and free oil changes is a good idea

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Technicay they wouldn't-
But this is where people in the customer service industry have a chance to go above and beyond. To many variables to say what is what. But at the end of the day repairing the damage and throwing the customer a bone is 100% the correct thing to do.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why would they owe anything more than fixing the damage to original condition and a loaner vehicle until it's fixed?

Because that is the first thing people think about now days is what are then entitled to!

lawsuit.. lawsuit.. lawsuit.. what can i get for free...

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The newest dually's are all metal bulged bedsides. No more bolt-on fenders.
3500-laramie.png

Guess that shows you how long it's been since I've really looked at a dually.... hahaha!!!

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Why would they owe anything more than fixing the damage to original condition and a loaner vehicle until it's fixed?

Because the damage, even though repaired, may affect the value of the vehicle were the owner to try and sell it or trade it somewhere else.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A couple of weeks ago at my local dealership they had a handicap "hand" controlled van in for service. They decided to use a lawn chair to sit in since there isn't any seat (wheelchair drive). When the guy hits the gas, he falls back over in the lawn chair, driving the van thru 3 service writer desks, and into the block wall between 2 garage doors. Destroyed the 2 garage doors, aluminum walk door, and the wall they were in.... luckily no one was hurt.

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A couple of weeks ago at my local dealership they had a handicap "hand" controlled van in for service. They decided to use a lawn chair to sit in since there isn't any seat (wheelchair drive). When the guy hits the gas, he falls back over in the lawn chair, driving the van thru 3 service writer desks, and into the block wall between 2 garage doors. Destroyed the 2 garage doors, aluminum walk door, and the wall they were in.... luckily no one was hurt.

Glad no one got hurt but it sounds like something you would see in a Chris Farley movie.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The newest dually's are all metal bulged bedsides. No more bolt-on fenders.
3500-laramie.png

Thanks--I wasn't sure. Like someone said it's been a long time since I have looked at a dually really close.
Jay

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Glad nobody was hurt but that is funny!

repo4sale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7diesel
Video???? Link??? [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPDATE:::
Dealership still has the truck. They were driving to another location and somehow messed up a rim and brand new tire.
The dealer is paying for them to rent a new truck. Has been quite a while to let the dealership hold on to a truck, especially if they can't take care of an $80,000 truck.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealership still has the truck. They were driving to another location and somehow messed up a rim and brand new tire.
The dealer is paying for them to rent a new truck. Has been quite a while to let the dealership hold on to a truck, especially if they can't take care of an $80,000 truck.
Yikes!

I'd be fed up at this point. I mean it sounds like the dealership is doing all they can to make things right but for christ's sake im sure the guys wants his truck back.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Sounds to me like it's time to be offered a replacement with an upgrade. 30 Days without use that's not by your own fault would keep traction through a courtroom pretty easily IMHO.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds to me like it's time to be offered a replacement with an upgrade. 30 Days without use that's not by your own fault would keep traction through a courtroom pretty easily IMHO.

Technically its not a lemon so lemon law doesnt cover it. This is a dealership issue not a manufacturer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye