Decent lease quote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have a 2017 Ram 1500 big horn with the 3.6L being quoted $0 down and $259 a month, 36 mo, 10k/year

Is this an ok deal, also what's up with the 3.6L, is this even enough power for this monster?

BlakDak71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 3.6L with the 8 speed is a pretty good combo.

As for as lease deals, that's all on you. 10k miles a year isn't much though.

biz4765

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've had gas/electric bills that high so for a new truck I'd say yes lol. Typically every 1,000$ up or down in a lease is $27 a month added or subtracted to your payment. I think you'd enjoy adding a hemi to the mix for a few extra bucks a month or put $1000 down and get a hemi and keep the 259 range but that's obviously personal preference. I'm a new Ram convert as of 12/9 and coming from a brand loyal Ford guy I am stunned by the power of the hemi/8speed compared to the 5.4 and 5.0 from my past Fords and I think I'm here to stay with the Ram. You certainly have my thumbs up in reference to your original question. Good luck.

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont like that it is only 10k miles. Ive never leased a vehicle before, but have been at least been offered 15k miles a year. That is at least been over the national average of 12k a year.

OP
OP
C

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't put too many miles on so that's why I am considering it. I've got a 2014 with 15k right now..

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't put too many miles on so that's why I am considering it. I've got a 2014 with 15k right now..

Geez, I've got 7,000 miles on my 2016 we bought 4 1/2 months ago... and I still feel like we don't drive it much!

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 3.6L and it's plenty enough power for me around town and on the highway.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i kind of agree, keep what you have.

biz4765

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've been leasing trucks for a while now, mainly because I simply can't afford them at finance costs. However, the beauty of it is a new vehicle every 2-3 years depending on term. That being said get what you want within your means. If you don't have a hemi now try one out. Cloth interior now, try leather. Just a few examples. Really get into it and enjoy it man. Life is too short not to enjoy yourself and what you work hard for.

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Regarding the 3.6. This was my rationalization for buying a 3.6 instead of a Hemi or EcoDiesel. I don't tow often, and if I do it's less than 5000lbs. The sound of a V8 is nice but not important enough for me to spend the additional upfront and running costs to have it. The EcoDiesel is nice, but, again, the buy-in is so high it negates all the savings and actually costs more to own over 100k than the 3.6.

So, for me, it wasn't worth it and, so far, I have no issue with the Pentastar. It's smooth, quiet, gets reasonable gas mileage and has enough power for day-to-day use.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have a 2017 Ram 1500 big horn with the 3.6L being quoted $0 down and $259 a month, 36 mo, 10k/year

Is this an ok deal, also what's up with the 3.6L, is this even enough power for this monster?

the numbers the 3.6 put are fine for the ram. you will know its not a hemi, but the current hp and torque are close to the 4.7 it replaced.

by me, a dealer is advertising an express for 4000.00 down, 1200 miles per year for 149.00 per month on a 24 month lease. just something to compare the lease you are looking at.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my truck for 2 years this april and I kind of wish I would have leased new and bought it out at the end of the lease instead of buying used. Reason being I bought with 58,000 miles and coming up on 2 years I just rolled 80,000 and feel like I drive way too much and could cut back without noticing. Also my payment is roughly $100.00 more than most lease payments, depending on model, trim, etc. I plan on having my truck for 10 or so years so even after 2 years leasing and 6 years of payments I would have come out a head money wise and starting with a new truck and zero miles I would be way a head there. Both my brothers bought their trucks on lease then did the buy out and I didn't want to do the lease first so that I could have it paid off sooner.
Still not sure if I would ever lease but it's starting to sound a little better as long as I keep the truck for a long time.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Leasing can be okay but you MUST know what you are getting into. A lot of salesmen use the fact that it is a lease to gloss over terms that you would otherwise negotiate. The #1 thing that will burn you is the miles so be sure you won't drive it more than what is allowed (or be prepared to buy at the end of the lease and realize you'll upside-down).

I'm looking at leasing a car for my company (better tax treatment for a business) and just got educated. Check this out:

https://help.edmunds.com/hc/en-us/articles/206102517-Car-Leasing-Basics

cbsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had my truck for 2 years this april and I kind of wish I would have leased new and bought it out at the end of the lease instead of buying used. Reason being I bought with 58,000 miles and coming up on 2 years I just rolled 80,000 and feel like I drive way too much and could cut back without noticing. Also my payment is roughly $100.00 more than most lease payments, depending on model, trim, etc. I plan on having my truck for 10 or so years so even after 2 years leasing and 6 years of payments I would have come out a head money wise and starting with a new truck and zero miles I would be way a head there. Both my brothers bought their trucks on lease then did the buy out and I didn't want to do the lease first so that I could have it paid off sooner.
Still not sure if I would ever lease but it's starting to sound a little better as long as I keep the truck for a long time.

Very rarely does leasing and then buying work out to be cheaper than buying up front. Add the lease payments up and then add up the payments on the loan afterwards and it is almost impossible for that amount to be less than buying upfront and calculating the total loan cost with interest. What you will get is cheaper monthly payments but they will be at least a couple years longer than a loan at the beginning.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The 3.6 has plenty of power and good MPG.. Had my 2015 Quad Cab about 2 months Love it. Now for a refi on your current truck check out your local banks I am sure you can get a better rate ! You can go for a Longer pay back period to keep monthly cost down ( you pay a little more interest) BUT if you pay above the monthly rate you will pay truck off earlier! Plus side if you have a bad month you can pay the minimum payment! What interest rate your dealer charging? With good credit you should be around 2.9/3.9 % and 15k finance at 72 months will be around 259 $ a month ,60 months around 290$
so dig deeper into a refi! You know your truck, or if you want a new truck and your payments are in your budget also a good deal.. BUT I never leased I pre fer to own and do not care if I drive the latest and greatest,Buy what makes you happy :) FYI I m a old fart lol FMMV "O