decided to keep hemi and now has issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Both duramaxes I had my eyes on trading my ram in on were sold within 24hrs of the dealer giving me the go ahead that with my credit and etc I could come pick them up. I don't blame them as I was in North Dakota and was unsure of when I'd be heading home. At my company there are at least 7 4th gen ram 1500 owners and they have been working on convincing me to keep mine.

With the price of diesel and all the garbage with the epa (notice they would rather us use MORE diesel fuel to prevent black smoke when their hybrids and electric cars cause way bigger issues disposing of the battery). I'm gonna get an older diesel to tinker with. Hopeully 5.9 or Lbz.

THE ISSUE: I've started back modding my 4th gen that I got in November. I've been working on running wires for my stereo. But I've found an oil leak around the oil pan, RUST on the front bumper in various places, my ESC light is still on, my brakes have almost a spongy feel like I have to press them twice to feel good pressure, and my headlights are STILL fogging up.
I'm gonna try to get it in at a dealer and remove my diablo before hand. Does anyone have any advice for handling the dealer? Like what they are gonna try to attribute these problems to and how they will try to avoid warranty work?

Thanks everyone.

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It really depends what type of modscyou did to the truck, as long as the mod wasnt the contributing factor for the failurecyou should be o.k., if you lights are fogging up, as long as you havent crackedcthem open to mod them you would be o.k., if you have a oil leak as long as you havent taken the enging apart you will be o.k. Now if your brakes are spongy and you lifted your truck and extented your brake lines that could be denied for warranty coverage. try asking around your usually fimd so dealers are mod freindly compared to others. The dealer I purchased from likes to mod(of course partly for financial gain), you will usually find trucks on the lot that have been lifted with aftermarketmwheels and tires.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Based on the issues you're having, I'd think they'd cover all that. As mentioned above, some dealers are more "mod" friendly. My dealer has been great to me and never denied me any warranty work (and even twice the problems I caused myself off road). I'd just make sure you clean your truck up as best as possible before you take it in so they can see you take care of it.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Pull the tune just because you can, but keep in mind they can usually look and see when something has been tuned. They're on to us! lol

Otherwise I see NO reason they wouldn't fix what's wrong.

Noved

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pull the tune most dealers tend not to check for tunes unless you give them a reason and from what I read unless I missed something they should not need to hook it up to the computer.

OP
OP
mattman_13

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The lift is just the body and a level so extended brake lines were not needed. But I was afraid they would need to hook up to see what's up with my Esc light being on. Pretty mad I got the truck in November and already rust and an oil leak. If they ask about tuning or flashing I was gonna tell them it was for tire size and trying to reset my Esc light. Just wanting to prep any arguments that may arise. I'm gonna wash it really well. I might tell em to not fix the headlights and ill just bake em this weekend. Lol

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
My '98 F150 had rust forming around the foglight holes after a few months so I had it replaced under warranty. To this day, I've had NO issues with rust.

Let them try to fix it first and see where that gets you.

Criscone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our trucks have a 3yr unlimited miles rust free warranty. So your golden there. Pull tune and drop it off.

MikeG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little off track here but the service manager at my dealer says the they can't really "see" that is been tuned. Thy ECM will have a blank spot in it which he said can be caused by a few things.