Do-It-Yourself Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like working on my own vehicle as well, especially oil changes. Can't stand waiting around and laying someone for something I can do, and do it better because I actually care about my truck. Problem is, I have heard many horror stories about dealerships giving you a hard time over "proving" maintenance was done. Also, I have a lifetime warranty on my truck so I'm forever bound to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do all my own maintenance and love doing it. Everything from oil changes, to transmission service (filters and fluid) and everything in between like brakes, shocks, and plugs. I get my 17 year old son in the mix, as it’s perfect to teach the young ones how to turn wrenches....the right way.

I keep all my receipts and photo document most everything, as well as log maintenance on the Ram owners website. My 2012 has 95,000 miles on her and runs like the day I bought it.

I will say that I had the dealer do my oil changes for about the first 10,000 miles, but they forgot to install my dipstick one time and forgot a lug nut another and I’ve been handling it ever since.

I recommend doing maintenance yourself if you have the resources to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Output shaft greasing

Oil, filters, and tires are typical DIY items. Don't forget to lube the front drive shaft on the 4 X 4's at each oil change as well.