Do i need to check it again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The hippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I know this is a silly question, forgive me, but i just want to ask.

I replaced the fuel filter for the first time on my 2015 Ram 2500 Cummins truck.

After 100 miles or so, the truck still drives smoothly but i am not sure though if i had tightened the front fuel filter. I know that i have tightened the cap, no problem there. [I was so tired when i removed the cap coz it was super tight, took me almost 2 hrs, so when everything was finished i forgot if i tightened it or not the fuel filter itself, or correctly if at all....]

Do i need to open the cap again and recheck if i had tightened the fuel filter?

Thanks.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
when you say front fuel filter, do you mean the one under the hood. if so those just drop in and you put the cap back on and tighten it.

Luke

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If it isn't tight, or if the seal is buggered, then you will have fuel gushing out all over the place. Ask me how I know...

(You replaced the filter in the back too, right? There are two fuel filters that need to be replaced...)

OP
OP
T

The hippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
If it isn't tight, or if the seal is buggered, then you will have fuel gushing out all over the place. Ask me how I know...

(You replaced the filter in the back too, right? There are two fuel filters that need to be replaced...)
Thanks for your reply.

Yes i replaced the one on the back under the chassis/truckbed too.

My concern was that if i hadn't put in place Properly the front fuel filter [the one at the engine], the filter would be somewhat be just 'floating' under that cap. But there's no fuel coming out though either engine running or not, not even a leak. So i would presume that probably the filter is in the correct place/position.

OP
OP
T

The hippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
when you say front fuel filter, do you mean the one under the hood. if so those just drop in and you put the cap back on and tighten it.

Luke

Yes the one under the hood.

When you drop in the filter, do you need to just simply drop it, or you need to 'tighten it'?

I don't see any leak anywhere, it means the filter is in the correct position or place?

Thanks for your reply.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes the one under the hood.

When you drop in the filter, do you need to just simply drop it, or you need to 'tighten it'?

I don't see any leak anywhere, it means the filter is in the correct position or place?

Thanks for your reply.

you don't really tighten it, but you do turn it a bit, watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EHLeKKqYws

i w ill show he drops it in then turns it and tries to lift it up, not sure what that prevents. if you are unsure, it doesn't take long to unscrew the cap and check...

Luke

OP
OP
T

The hippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
you don't really tighten it, but you do turn it a bit, watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EHLeKKqYws

i w ill show he drops it in then turns it and tries to lift it up, not sure what that prevents. if you are unsure, it doesn't take long to unscrew the cap and check...

Luke

Thanks.

I did open again the cap, and found out that the filter was really in place. Now i have peace of mind.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf