DO NOT use De Icer in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just filled my reservoir 2 days ago with RainX for the first time lol. I guess I'll see what happens.

I'm on 2 weeks. No issues yet. I'll likely try cleaning it once or twice if it goops up and if it becomes a PITA I'll just fix it somehow... Rainx is more important than the sensor, even tho it is nice.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on 2 weeks. No issues yet. I'll likely try cleaning it once or twice if it goops up and if it becomes a PITA I'll just fix it somehow... Rainx is more important than the sensor, even tho it is nice.

I think all you would need to do is have a jumper wire from one prong to the next. Then it would never read low.

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've been using rain x for almost 2 years on my ram with no problems. And I've used it on all my vehicles for years with no problem. I think it's a hit or miss with the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been using rain x for almost 2 years on my ram with no problems. And I've used it on all my vehicles for years with no problem. I think it's a hit or miss with the sensor.

Mine took almost 3 years to go out. I still use the good stuff, but run 1 gallon of blue in the summer to maybe clean it out. It's been 2 years now and it's still fine, except for the time it came on this winter when it was well below zero.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've used only Rain X in my Rams since 2011. I've never had a single issue. 2011 Ram, 2014 Ram, and 2016 Ram

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

dave.c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to work for Chrysler as a semi skilled tech when I was in school and I can say from experience only use the blue wash fluid you don't know how many vehicles I worked on because of low washer fluid. every vehicle that had the low washer fluid light on even though was full had a different type of washer fluid usually orange. I would drain the orange stuff out and fill it with blue and most of the time took care of the problem. the low washer fluid sensor has two prongs that are exposed in the tank and uses the conductivity of the fluid to send the signal from one to the other prong so it knows there is fluid in there. I guess the orange washer fluid doesn't conduct as well kind of weird but it is what it is.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to work for Chrysler as a semi skilled tech when I was in school and I can say from experience only use the blue wash fluid you don't know how many vehicles I worked on because of low washer fluid. every vehicle that had the low washer fluid light on even though was full had a different type of washer fluid usually orange. I would drain the orange stuff out and fill it with blue and most of the time took care of the problem. the low washer fluid sensor has two prongs that are exposed in the tank and uses the conductivity of the fluid to send the signal from one to the other prong so it knows there is fluid in there. I guess the orange washer fluid doesn't conduct as well kind of weird but it is what it is.

Exactly correct

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I use RainX all the time. I did get the fluid is always low once about a year ago. I took the reservoir off and removed the sensor. It had a slimy film on it so I just simply wiped it off put it back together and haven't had an issue since.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought a case of Rain X on sale. I used it for 2 years in my 2015 without issue. Mine is like a green colour, not sure of the difference. I says de-icer as well on the case

Last edited:

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Last edited:

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had only minor issues with sensor with the yellow deicer rainx, Mostly when in sub -25C. It goes away.

Also order replacement sensor from rock auto for 2 dollars. Will be soldering in a resistor when it warms up and i do some bench tests. same sensor in dodge journeys.

I've used rainx on every vehicle since 2001. no way i'm going back to that blue ****.

Teknoracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was told its due to the low alcohol content in the rainx fluid.....would love to know how that sensor truely operates and find a way to "hack"it....i hate to use the cheap blue stuff. Rainx works great and make the windshield easier to clean too

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I was told its due to the low alcohol content in the rainx fluid.....would love to know how that sensor truely operates and find a way to "hack"it....i hate to use the cheap blue stuff. Rainx works great and make the windshield easier to clean too

I think some have made a jumper for the sensor and it gets bypassed