Do you think they chrysler will ever allow aftermarket to add sales codes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
Right now these trucks are new so the warranty and patent rights are kept close. Just like obd 2 after some time the manufacturer releases the info to the aftermarket industry so they can make it. Do you think that once these trucks are 10 years old that they will allow the aftermarket the ability to add sales codes? just seems stupid in the future that they would want a 10 year old car in the dealership wasting their time.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can add salescodes now with a scan tool. AE has them with the correct software for FCA

https://www.autoenginuity.com/wordpress/?gclid=COzZuo6D4NECFUm1wAod-BsOFQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can activate certain things with this tool, but you don't exactly add the sales codes, per se. I know you can activate the backup camera (have the tool and activated my post-installed OEM cam) and some other things, but I believe there have been a couple guys that have tried to activate mirror features unsuccessfully.

There are some aftermarket activation tools out there, though I can't remember off the top of my head who makes it. It's a plug that hooks into the OBD2 port and will apply the sales code, so obviously there are some that do know how to apply the sales codes without the dealer. I believe that tool runs about $200 and is VIN specific AND sales code specific, so it's one time use. Given that price it's cheaper to go your local dealer unless you live a couple hundred miles away.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can activate certain things with this tool, but you don't exactly add the sales codes, per se. I know you can activate the backup camera (have the tool and activated my post-installed OEM cam) and some other things, but I believe there have been a couple guys that have tried to activate mirror features unsuccessfully.

There are some aftermarket activation tools out there, though I can't remember off the top of my head who makes it. It's a plug that hooks into the OBD2 port and will apply the sales code, so obviously there are some that do know how to apply the sales codes without the dealer. I believe that tool runs about $200 and is VIN specific AND sales code specific, so it's one time use. Given that price it's cheaper to go your local dealer unless you live a couple hundred miles away.

I think OBD Genie is the other one you are talking about Agree with the trip to the dealer to get whatever you need flashed. I added 6 codes at my dealer for 45 bucks. Just depends on your dealer, some people are getting screwed and charged 75-120 bucks to flash a code. Ridiculous since it takes no skill or time on the techs part.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer charges $130 which is why I opted to purchase the AutoEnginuity scan tool. It wasn't cheap, but now I have the ability to activate certain features on any FCA vehicle, as well as run advanced diagnostics and can run basic diagnostics on any vehicle.