Dodge warranty vs others

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

75th Rangers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off let me say hey to everyone as this is my first post. Im sure I'll be hanging around for awhile to come. On to the reason for posting. I bought a 15 ram 1500 express from my local Toyota dealership with 20k on it. At the time of purchase I bought the 100k mile/7 year complete coverage. I'd rather spend the 2700 and be carefree, just my personal choice. However, I just found out that Dodge offers a lifetime bumper to bumper for around the same price. My only hesitation is that if I cancel the current plan it goes towards the loan meaning I'll have to come out of pocket for the Dodge warranty. I was just wondering if there's anything I should know about the warranties offered through Dodge that might convince me to keep my current warranty instead of going out of pocket for the lifetime. Thanks for the help.

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First off let me say hey to everyone as this is my first post. Im sure I'll be hanging around for awhile to come. On to the reason for posting. I bought a 15 ram 1500 express from my local Toyota dealership with 20k on it. At the time of purchase I bought the 100k mile/7 year complete coverage. I'd rather spend the 2700 and be carefree, just my personal choice. However, I just found out that Dodge offers a lifetime bumper to bumper for around the same price. My only hesitation is that if I cancel the current plan it goes towards the loan meaning I'll have to come out of pocket for the Dodge warranty. I was just wondering if there's anything I should know about the warranties offered through Dodge that might convince me to keep my current warranty instead of going out of pocket for the lifetime. Thanks for the help.
I was in the same boat when i bought new... bought 5 year 100k for 1700..then realized i could have lifetime for 2400 thru Chrysler.. NO BRAINER... they sent a check to loan company and didnt have a truck payment for 3 months...plus say 15 years down the road they will give you a check when the repair is worth more than the valur of truck... so its like you will get your money back eventually

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The FCA (dodge) warranty can't be beat for no haggle service. Pick your dealer, any will be happy for your business. Most third party plans, like you purchased, can be a PITA to work with as you either can't find service, or they nickel and dime you. Some third parties are decent, but they cost more than the factory plan.

A 7 year FCA backed warranty is 7 years from in service date, which may be sometime in 2015 for your vehicle. So a seven year only takes you out to 2022. 7 is a 5 :) For a lifetime plan, the time warp doesn't matter.

OP
OP

75th Rangers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was in the same boat when i bought new... bought 5 year 100k for 1700..then realized i could have lifetime for 2400 thru Chrysler.. NO BRAINER... they sent a check to loan company and didnt have a truck payment for 3 months...plus say 15 years down the road they will give you a check when the repair is worth more than the valur of truck... so its like you will get your money back eventually

If this is how it works I'll be more than willing to switch. I was told if they sent the money to the loan company that it comes off the back end of the loan not the front end. So there would be no break in payments. If it comes off the front I'd totally be down because it'll just be a clean switch

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If this is how it works I'll be more than willing to switch. I was told if they sent the money to the loan company that it comes off the back end of the loan not the front end. So there would be no break in payments. If it comes off the front I'd totally be down because it'll just be a clean switch
Finance guy told me that too... but when i went to make my payment i found out

OP
OP

75th Rangers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finance guy told me that too... but when i went to make my payment i found out

Im going to have to call Toyota loan services and just ask straight up because otherwise I'll never find out. Glad to know the Dodge warranty really is bumper to bumper like it states because alot of these warranties are horrible.

Venomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't even realize they offered a Lifetime Plan.... Seems like the way to go...

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Lifetime plan is the way to go IF you are keeping the truck. It is a non transferrable plan that has a certain amount of refund ability at various points but even that is pro rated, meaning at some point you only get back about $100.00. Obviously an FCA plan is a relatively no hassle arrangement if you have claims since it's not a third party insurance company. I bought the lifetime plan for my '14 I recently picked up because I have zero plans of replacing the truck between now and when I either stop driving or kick the bucket, plus the truck and the plan are in both mine and my wife names so the "death clause" is overridden too! I had my Dakota for 16 years and at 68 I hope to say I've owned my RAM for 16 years too, but I'll be 84 then! Who knows~~~

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
the loner feature on the lifetime warranty is a nice benefit also.

Markks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Express RCSB 4X4
Engine
Pentastar
Ram Warranty??? You have to have a Ram Dealer willing to do Warranty Work first!!!... Our Local outfit, will take the Truck in Roll it out a few minutes later then at the end of the day call and say the work is done... And yet Nothing fixed.

Last time I took it in, they took my good set of wheels off, and put bad wheels back on.. After I got it back from Dealer it shook terribly.. Found out the Dealer found a good set and wheels and gave them to somebody with out of round wheels.

So from now on, I will have to take my Ram to the Local Ford dealer for Work to be done..

So Ram Warranty are only words on a piece of paper that mean nothing...

2016 RCSB 4X4.. Now with 10k miles and still regret my purchase.