Does this seem fishy or am I looking too much at the details?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this seem fishy?
I know a lot of people here have bought their FCA LIFETIME warranty through Clay @ Zeller. I signed off on it, and submitted payment to use my credit card. I get an e-mail last night at 11:25pm (receipt also date/time stamped 11:21pm) for the credit card charge. Maybe I'm just looking to much into this, but why would a dealership be processing manual credit card transactions at near midnight? I guess people work late, I do too... I just wouldn't think a dealer would be. Call me :crazy:, I know.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is this a local dealer?

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't read into it. On my online banking I am able to see when charges hit my account and some come at random times day and night and even several days after I made the initial payment.

If they charged your card correctly does it really matter when it hit your account? I don't see any issue with it.

OP
OP
B

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this a local dealer?

No, it's not a local dealer to me. But, well known on the forum by others that highly recommended their prices for the FCA extended warranty.

OP
OP
B

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my online banking I am able to see when charges hit my account and some come at random times day and night and even several days after I made the initial payment.

If they charged your card correctly does it really matter when it hit your account? I don't see any issue with it.

Right, and actually I work in banking software industry, so I know how transactions come through at various times. That's memo posting and nightly processing... also known as End Of Day processing.

But this is a manually entered transaction through a POS (Point Of Sale) machine. And her e-mail time stamp co-insides with the time the transaction was ran, so she must have been at the dealership office running transactions through at near midnight. I don't know, it's the current day/age that gets me more "conspiracy theory" thinking. I don't mean anything negative toward them, they have been nice to work with. Just seemed "odd".

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Believe it or not there are those in the private sector who do work "after hours" to catch up on paperwork.

I would do it, although my time was more like 4 or 5 in the morning.

But now that I'm retired I don't care any more!

No, don't read into it.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Some of this also lines up with automated processing or audit software that will run the day's transactions all at the same time. Wouldn't read too much into the timestamp.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There was some manual and what seemed like "old school" type transactions and communications when I bought from Clay a year or so ago. Its as if its a smaller family run dealer where the kids come in the evening to help clear up paperwork. I think I received late night correspondence from them too. There may be time zones to consider, but I dunno how that effects email date stamps.