Electric ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just seen on velocity tv that michigan I think is testing electric ram 1500's? Still has 5.7l but is also electric. Looks like base model w ram box from what they showed... Any one see this or hear about it?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's hopefully just a PR exercise to prove the impracticality of producing such a truck.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i saw a pic of that on facebook. How could it be practical to move such a heavy truck with an electric motor...LOL

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
The range is probably something terrible...like 10 miles....and if you really step on it then it drops to 2-3 hahaha

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chevy makes a Hybrid Silverado. Crew Cab only, the battery pack is under the back seat. We have a few in the fleet here at LANL. (The government loves to buy Hybrids).

It's neat in the sense that most of the driving around here is at 25 MPH (mandated speed limit for most sites) and only a mile or two. The workers are all hourly, so they creep along as slow as possible. If they made a plug in version, it'd be perfect!

For the rest of the real world. I laugh at the thought.