ENRAGED! EcoDiesel Delays AGAIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
So this may be the last thread I create on these forums. I've been amp'd up AND patient for the new EcoDiesel and sat around on my hands through all the blowout year end deals just to be let down again. Just received confirmation from AllPar and my dealer (the actual owner of the dealership) that EcoDiesel orders are delayed until mid to late Feb and those will only be limited spec trucks, with delivery in the late April / early May timeframe. I'm done with Chrysler. What a marketing fustercluck. "2014 Truck of the Year" that you can buy in 2015. Enraged right now...

F150 Limited or Silverado High Country, hmm...

metalfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM CrewCab ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know its a great pain being told something, being patient and then having it delayed. However, if you are going to consider the other 2 then why not a Hemi. I'm not brand loyal, I just went with what I thought was the best truck and deal at the time. Use the other 2 brands as a reason to bargain the RAM dealer down. If they don't budge on the price then make your move to a F150 or Silverado.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I am brand loyal but if you leave you will only help enable the fail of diesel. Each unit matters and I think you would be very happy with the Eco! Just be patient :) or try.

$miley

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
I never thought I'd say this but I wish I was in Canada with you so I could order an EcoDiesel right now lol

The reason why I won't consider a Hemi at this point is because I won't touch another Chrysler product. My frustration is with them, not the Hemi. For once in my life I was patient and watched blowout deals go by just to be let down again.

I have a Master's degree in business and to see such a marketing blunder by a corporation of this size makes me sick. Here I am a consumer trying and willing to give you my money and you tell me no. The beef is the fact that they have pushed the EcoDiesel even though it is not ready. Had they not marketed the product and layed low until it could ACTUALLY be released I wouldn't have had an issue but when you are pushing a "truck of the year" down consumers throats when they can't even purchase this mythcal vehicle it's just too much.

metalfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM CrewCab ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am brand loyal but if you leave you will only help enable the fail of diesel. Each unit matters and I think you would be very happy with the Eco! Just be patient :) or try.

$miley

I think saying the product will fail if you don't buy it is a lot to put on the head of a potential buyer. It's the consumers choice.

If the ECO diesel fails it will because of marketing like baggedlvintegra said or because of potential mechanical issues from a 'first-run' model or a combo of both.

I hope the ECO diesel does succeed, diesel is far better, just wish I could have afforded one.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Nissan announced the addition of a cummins diesel but has yet to release any more information than that.

Can't say I'd want a first year model anyway

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Im looking forward to test driving the new EcoDiesel. Im not buying one because I just bought my 2013 in June but it will be interesting to see how it handles.

I know its not gonna be a fast truck, but the increase in MPG while still being as capable as a HEMI is a great thing.

Just wonder if the increase in cost will out weigh the increase in MPG

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tale it easy guys....not to sound cocky or even remotely pushy.... but it will come. They said 2014.... but they never indicated specific to when they will be available.

It will be out, just keep your cool. Its like a apple die hard wanting the next iPhone not now, but yesterday...when the put out there that it will come out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't buy 1st year models either, I hope they do take their time to MAKE SURE everything is fixed and all the bugs are worked out.

Id rather have a truck 3 months later with no problems than a truck right now with service dealership issues every weekend :)

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Personally, I'd wait for the second model year. I took the plunge on first MY Ecoboost and was burned....not that waiting for second would have helped with the issues I was having, but they did iron out some things.

There will always be issues with the first model year of any new production vehicle. If the EcoDiesel proves its worth I might pick one up a 2015 when they become available.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Tale it easy guys....not to sound cocky or even remotely pushy.... but it will come. They said 2014.... but they never indicated specific to when they will be available.

It will be out, just keep your cool. Its like a apple die hard wanting the next iPhone not now, but yesterday...when the put out there that it will come out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Actually they said 2013, then 2014... then they'll say 2015. A $50,000 truck is a lot different than a $500 iphone

I wouldn't buy 1st year models either, I hope they do take their time to MAKE SURE everything is fixed and all the bugs are worked out.

Id rather have a truck 3 months later with no problems than a truck right now with service dealership issues every weekend :)

I get the first year position BUT it's not like this motor is brand new never in a production vehicle. Yes I'm sure glitches will happen but it's not like they are inventing the wheel for the first time. Plus ordering was already released in Canada, why not just open the US market? Are they gonna dump first run trucks on Canadians in hopes of getting it straightened out for the US market?

My frustration and case is purely built around the marketing and business perspective, not so much with the product. The Fiat merger most likely didn't help the release either.

Last edited:

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you want frustration look at the people wanting to order the Eco diesel Grand Cherokee. There were months worth of delays there too. I just hope they will be out by July of 2015 when my lease is up!

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
I feel for ya, but the same thing happened last year with the 2013 V-8 8-speed combos. Ultimately, I'm glad I waited for the Ram. Good luck, whatever route you take.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Production starts 21 January for the EcoDiesel as stated by the Allpar article.
By the time these units hit the dealers it will be February. Testing and transport take time. The first units will be built with specifications by Chrysler. So Chrysler is picking the options for the first units. Special ordering by the customer will open up in February for March delivery.

That's how I read it.

You will be able to get a diesel when it arrives at the dealers in February, you just won't be able to special order a unit until February.

News: Ram 1500 diesels in March?

If you check back to earlier posts it was stated that production would start 20 January, ok, missed by one day.

Last edited:

RobbyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Ya, srsly.

You can order it next month. They are making sure that it's 110% ready to be released into the field BEFORE there are any issues that might arise. They are recreating a market that that's hasn't been around in a while want to make sure they don't fall on their face.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
I understand the frustration, there have been a lot of delays and marketing promotions on it that havent held up at all. If my cell phone company or bank kept offering me false promises Id leave them, no matter how good what they were promising next.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Ya, srsly.

You can order it next month. They are making sure that it's 110% ready to be released into the field BEFORE there are any issues that might arise. They are recreating a market that that's hasn't been around in a while want to make sure they don't fall on their face.

Customer orders being late February with a production start in March, meaning at a minimum an April delivery. I don’t want a pre-spec truck with random options in March, if they even live up to that date.

You just don't get it. It's not that I want them to release it early or with possible failures, as a consumer I want them to be accountable for their word. If they said it is going to be released, release it. IF they want to "make sure that it's 110% ready to be released into the field BEFORE there are any issues that might arise" then do so, but don't market the product as being ready for release like they have stated for the past 6+ months.

Chrysler needs to grasp the motto of under-promising and over-delivering. Instead they are stuck in the do loop of over-promising and under-delivering. For this reason they are already “falling on their face”.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chrysler needs to grasp the motto of under-promising and over-delivering. Instead they are stuck in the do loop of over-promising and under-delivering. For this reason they are already “falling on their face”.[/QUOTE]

This has how it has been for auto manufatures when they started loosing the top spots in automotive world. This isn't just Chrysler its all manufaturers when releasing something brand new.