ENRAGED! EcoDiesel Delays AGAIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
I watched that video a few weeks ago. He really seems to genuinely love that truck. That is what really got me interested in it to begin with since Ram hasn't released epa fuel economy figures yet.

I read on some other forums he is generally a GM favor guy, which is probably why he references it a lot in the video, so for him to have the position he does with the Ram says something. Obviously he is only one guy, but he is one guy that has real world experience with the EcoDiesel and true real world MPG numbers both towing and non-towing. Keep in mind that truck is LOADED and is the heaviest possible option combo available.

jake09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow this thread is ridiculous. No point in getting worked up about a vehicle man. Its a damn truck. Appreciate the fact you can even afford such a truck. Much more serious things in life....

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
When you don't act like a child, these things happen.

he wasn't acting like a child, he was venting his frustration.

However a post like this from you is completely rude, useless, not helpful, and not needed here. Be respectful to your fellow members.

Firebuff66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My frustration and case is purely built around the marketing and business perspective, not so much with the product. The Fiat merger most likely didn't help the release either.

If you know about marketing then you would know they are not marketing to you, they are marketing to a large consumer base.

I work for one of the largest electronics companies in the world and they constantly announce something in January promise a release date and push off the release sometimes for up to a year.

Do they loose a few customers? Sure but they are not looking at 5 customers they are looking at 500,000 customers.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This. When I was shopping for my truck in December, a Ford dealer told me something interesting. Maybe only relevant here in NY. He said if he sold me an F-250, they would either have to sell it to me with a cap or register it with commercial plates because of the weight rating.

He also said that they were careful how they spec'd the F-150's they sold because it was possible that the same thing would affect them in certain configurations.

Chevy and Ram dealers never mentioned that to me.

Perhaps there is a weight cutoff that also affects how they get exported.

It wouldn't surprise me.

thats a ny thing. max weight for a pick up to have passenger plates is 5500 lbs on the title. any higher and you need commercial plates. only way around that is to have a cap or bed cover.

phobos512

Reaction score
So this may be the last thread I create on these forums. I've been amp'd up AND patient for the new EcoDiesel and sat around on my hands through all the blowout year end deals just to be let down again. Just received confirmation from AllPar and my dealer (the actual owner of the dealership) that EcoDiesel orders are delayed until mid to late Feb and those will only be limited spec trucks, with delivery in the late April / early May timeframe. I'm done with Chrysler. What a marketing fustercluck. "2014 Truck of the Year" that you can buy in 2015. Enraged right now...

F150 Limited or Silverado High Country, hmm...

It's unfortunate that you're all bent out of shape but obviously your dealer's been feeding you bad information. On two other Ram forums I frequent we've been talking about mid-late Spring since about October '13. This has been known about for quite some time.

That said, the 3.0 engine is great in the GC - I test drove one recently.

phobos512

Reaction score

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

1) those number you posted are for cdl, totally different altogether.

2) when they are looking for the weight on the truck, they go based off the unladen weight , which is listed on the title/certificate or origin. the numbers your looking at are gcwr which if it were even for a regular passenger vehicle would include truck and trailer.

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv82.pdf

box 6, line 4

ive registered a few pick up trucks, and even had to prove a few cops wrong for trying to tell me i need commercial plates.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
It's unfortunate that you're all bent out of shape but obviously your dealer's been feeding you bad information. On two other Ram forums I frequent we've been talking about mid-late Spring since about October '13. This has been known about for quite some time.

That said, the 3.0 engine is great in the GC - I test drove one recently.

It's unfortunate that you didn't read the entire thread to find out the source of my information before you assumed it was dealer supplied and provided this irrelevant non value added post.

Something about this thread that attracts ignorant statements. I attempted to turn it around to be informative but at this point I wish the mods would just lock it up.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
Amen to ecodiesel

I never thought I'd say this but I wish I was in Canada with you so I could order an EcoDiesel right now lol

The reason why I won't consider a Hemi at this point is because I won't touch another Chrysler product. My frustration is with them, not the Hemi. For once in my life I was patient and watched blowout deals go by just to be let down again.

I have a Master's degree in business and to see such a marketing blunder by a corporation of this size makes me sick. Here I am a consumer trying and willing to give you my money and you tell me no. The beef is the fact that they have pushed the EcoDiesel even though it is not ready. Had they not marketed the product and layed low until it could ACTUALLY be released I wouldn't have had an issue but when you are pushing a "truck of the year" down consumers throats when they can't even purchase this mythcal vehicle it's just too much.

I went the F150 platinum way. I had 2 2016 ecodiesels that were problems since the day I took delivery of them. FCA had a meeting with me the Tues before Thanksgiving and offered trade assist again to put me in a Hemi. By the time it was done, the dealer wanted over 20k to trade in a 4 month old truck. I was so mad I told them I was buying a Ford.

I have been extremely happy with the Ford and now have 12k on it since 11.29.16.

The 2 sweedish masooses that message your back while you go down the road are incredible. I had a limited and the platinum is an even steven trade. If you drive a luxury truck, it should be luxury. I would have thought MB would have rubbed off on them in the luxury business. My mistake.

The only 2 things I really miss is the voice to text. I am a highway driver and really use the voice to text feature. The only other thing I miss is the 3 to 5 times a week I had the ruck in when it would not start and the deceptions from the dealer. Free oil changes (and btw we reprogrammed your computer and now you lose 5 mpg) with oil the owners manual says do not use or it will void your warranty and the keyfob of the week I will really miss. I have 12k on my f150 and so far 2 oil changes.

FCA has lost a customer who has driven Mopar since my 1976 dodge and my Plymouth Arrow. As soon as I replace my Jeep liberties I will be out of the FCA business. I like my local dealer but the support from FCA has been awful to say the least.

There are a lot of people like you out there that will not touch FCA with a 10 ft. pole and I am one of them.

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
I have my wife rub my back not my truck lol. Some people aren't that lucky I guess....

Enjoy your new truck... yawn