EPS Solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A couple weeks ago my truck lost its Electronic Power Steering. I was going up a bumpy dirt road, and it cut out. Continuing down the road, I had to go through a mud puddle, and it came back. Since then I have lost my EPS and gained it back randomly. I do not have warranty on that any longer at 96k miles. Out of pocket it'll cost $2500 to get replaced by FCA. Has anybody experienced this issue, and found a solution, that doesn't involve replacing the rack?

TL;DR - How do I fix my steering without help from the dealer?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd be checking out some salvage yards once you determine what exact parts you will need.
Jay

OP
OP
Bird

Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well from what I've found it seems to be a completely integrated system, so I'd need the entire rack and pinion.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Salvage yard or Google may be your best friend. I think if you get it from a dealership you'll need to mortgage your house.
Jay

Aileron516

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These trucks are everywhere so sourcing one local should not be a problem, let alone online for a decent price