extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi/8speed 4x4
I am going to the dealer tomorrow and hpping to locate my truck instead of ordering and waiting.

do any of yall have the extended warranty? Is it any good or worth it. we are paying fornit straight out if that matters...

anythings else worth considering?

i ambgoing with the Laramie loaded up...

thanks

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I am going to the dealer tomorrow and hpping to locate my truck instead of ordering and waiting.

do any of yall have the extended warranty? Is it any good or worth it. we are paying fornit straight out if that matters...

thanks

I found this on another thread in the forum, but definitely check these out first for price and then get your dealer to match or beat it - CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online.

They are factory warranties. I was going to go with a lifetime but then realized its better to go with a long, transferable warranty instead of a lifetime non-transferable, because let's face it, we all like new shiny things when they come out and your vehicle is easier to sell with a transferable warranty.

UPNO4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie , 2023 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8spd, 6.7 CTD
I found this on another thread in the forum, but definitely check these out first for price and then get your dealer to match or beat it - CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online.

They are factory warranties. I was going to go with a lifetime but then realized its better to go with a long, transferable warranty instead of a lifetime non-transferable, because let's face it, we all like new shiny things when they come out and your vehicle is easier to sell with a transferable warranty.

THe Prices quoted on there didn't seem any different than what I was Quoted from my dealer. Granted I haven't done it yet but I am seriously thinking about it

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I did, covers truck on everything to 100k, and is transferrable for $50 if I sale it to an individual.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.

I used the same place to get my dealer to match the price, which they did. See link below for another thread on this. I hope this helps you.

Dave

http://www.ramforum.com/f38/extended_warranty_advice-31442/

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

thanks
There are a lot of electronics on these trucks. The extended warranty is affordable peace of mind to my way of thinking. :shrug:

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
THe Prices quoted on there didn't seem any different than what I was Quoted from my dealer. Granted I haven't done it yet but I am seriously thinking about it

From my experience, and from my Dad's explanation after being in the car business for 25 years, there's a lot of profit built into those warranties with the dealer. Your salesman may have just been doing the right thing, but most of the time they initially build in 100% profit on the price they state for the warranties, so there's plenty of room to come down.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
From my experience, and from my Dad's explanation after being in the car business for 25 years, there's a lot of profit built into those warranties with the dealer. Your salesman may have just been doing the right thing, but most of the time they initially build in 100% profit on the price they state for the warranties, so there's plenty of room to come down.

I posted the info below on another thread about ext warranties. This will give you an idea on the dealer pricing and how negotiable these things are.

I bought an extended warranty for my 2013. I did so because of all the electronics. I plan to keep this truck for 4-5 years, so after extensive research I found an on-line source for Chrysler factory ext warranties. CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online. They had the best pricing I could find.

You can enter in your info and the type of plan you are looking for (years, mileage, deductible, etc). I chose the Chrysler Maximum Care Plan WN570N, which gives me 5 years and 70k miles. The cost on this site for what I wanted was $990 with a $100 deductible. This basically extends the factory warranty.

To give you an idea on pricing, the dealer quoted me $1580 for the same exact plan. I pulled out the quote sheet from the site I listed above and told them I would rather buy the warranty from them (my dealer) and spend the money locally. He "checked with his manager", and came back and agreed to match the price.

I'm guessing the on-line source is only making 20%, which would put their cost at $792. If you double the $792 you get $1584, which seems to make sense that the dealer would shoot for a 100% margin on these as a starting point. Keep in mind they don't make all that much on new vehicles, and most people don't realize how much mark up they have in the warranties and how negotiable the pricing on these things really are.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I posted the info below on another thread about ext warranties. This will give you an idea on the dealer pricing and how negotiable these things are.

I bought an extended warranty for my 2013. I did so because of all the electronics. I plan to keep this truck for 4-5 years, so after extensive research I found an on-line source for Chrysler factory ext warranties. CHRYSLER SERVICE CONTRACTS: Extended Warranties from Chrysler. SAVE 60%! Quick Quotes. Buy Online. They had the best pricing I could find.

You can enter in your info and the type of plan you are looking for (years, mileage, deductible, etc). I chose the Chrysler Maximum Care Plan WN570N, which gives me 5 years and 70k miles. The cost on this site for what I wanted was $990 with a $100 deductible. This basically extends the factory warranty.

To give you an idea on pricing, the dealer quoted me $1580 for the same exact plan. I pulled out the quote sheet from the site I listed above and told them I would rather buy the warranty from them (my dealer) and spend the money locally. He "checked with his manager", and came back and agreed to match the price.

I'm guessing the on-line source is only making 20%, which would put their cost at $792. If you double the $792 you get $1584, which seems to make sense that the dealer would shoot for a 100% margin on these as a starting point. Keep in mind they don't make all that much on new vehicles, and most people don't realize how much mark up they have in the warranties and how negotiable the pricing on these things really are.

Now I remember where I got that link lol.

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
Now I remember where I got that link lol.

This is why this forum is so great. So much info and everyone does such a good job with sharing and with helping each other. :waytogo:

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
IMO, they're a waste of money... If you can afford a Laramie fully loaded, you should be able to afford a repair bill.

If memory serves, all the big ticket items are warrantied for 5 years 100,000 miles anyway aren't they?

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Drivetrain is 100k. I guess that covers most of the major things, but with all the electronics and such I went with the extended warranty. $50 deductible and rental car I couldn't beat it. I'm covered bumper-to-bumper to 75k. If I keep this truck that long it will be a miracle though.

OP
OP
KevTN

KevTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi/8speed 4x4
well anyone wsnt to guess what i will be printing out tonight? lol

you guys are great. THANKS

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
IMO, they're a waste of money... If you can afford a Laramie fully loaded, you should be able to afford a repair bill.

If memory serves, all the big ticket items are warrantied for 5 years 100,000 miles anyway aren't they?

True, but with the fancy touch screen and all of the electronics only covered for 3/36, I would rather have it than not. :imo:

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i tried that link and it keeps sayin no plans as of yet..My trk is a 2010 with under 19000 mi with factory warranty still good till end of the month....dealer wants 1800ish + tax for the next 3 yrs or two,dont remember..Its complete coverage though..
Wonder if thats only for usa owners..

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
i tried that link and it keeps sayin no plans as of yet..My trk is a 2010 with under 19000 mi with factory warranty still good till end of the month....dealer wants 1800ish + tax for the next 3 yrs or two,dont remember..Its complete coverage though..

Not sure if for USA only, but the online source is a dealer located in Michigan, so maybe they are only authorized to offer plans to US residents/owners.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed

Also try just doing a search for "Chrysler factory warranties" or "Ram factory warranties" and see what else pops up. There's plenty of companies that have this same business model for every car company. They don't make their money on profit margins, but instead from all the incentives and kickbacks they make from the factory for the volume of warranties they sell.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small

True, but to add, my dealer said IF I trade back in, (which I wont, rather sell to an individual) but I could use that un-used extended warranty money back, as a down payment on next truck. To someone that doesnt mind trading back in 3 -4 years, that's an option too, to be covered, or use most of it back as a down payment.