Extended warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khuberpt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2012 Laramie 1500 and am debating on the lifetime extended warranty. They offered it to me for 2600$. My question is should I get this or not. I plan on keeping the truck for 6-10 years and have a close friend who is a mechanic. Sounds like a decent price but not sure if I need it. Thanks.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on what they are "covering" with the extended warranty. Most of the time an extended warranty is pure profit for the dealership. Also how many miles are on your truck and how much do you drive it. Things to consider.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Those are negotiable, offer them $1800 for it, I did and it worked.

OP
OP
K

Khuberpt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I will try that. What was their first offer.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
About what your saying, tell them you looked online, found one for $1800, or $1700, worse case they say no :)

Yogi1Bear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I just bought a 2013 Ram and I bought it thur the Costco car buying program and saved almost $5000 right off the MSRP if you go to costco's site and go to there auto program they show you the Dealer invoice price right there so that is where the rebates start at and everything else so when I got to finance they tried to sell me the extended warranty I told him to throw it in or I wouldn't by the Truck and believe it he thur it in so I got the extended warranty for FREE and with a $50 deductible you have to check that out because they have all different deductible's they can check $50 to $150 I believe so something to also thing about spend $75 for a costco card and save Thousands plus they tell you what dealers are part of the costco program and after you buy the car or truck all your parts are I think 15% or 20% off for just not the vehicle bought but any vehicle you own. check it out it is worth it. PS and I also went from 4.8 to 2.9 finance rate also. just before you sign the papers just walk out or tell them you need to think about it they will work for you after that lol I know I sold cars and had it done to me many of times back in the 80's so give it a try just as long as you don't have bad bad credit.

OP
OP
K

Khuberpt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks. i did get 2.2% for 7 years if i want to go that long.