Extended Warranty - Forgot to mention 4WD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With 500 miles left to go on my Factory 3/36 I decided to pull the trigger and get the Lifetime Maxcare warranty. Got a few quotes, ended up getting a fair deal. Did the deed; got sent over the paperwork and realized the checkbox for 4WD wasn't checked off...Mopar already shows my warranty is in effect; should I be concerned I didn't see 4WD checked off? One would think when they entered my VIN in the computer to set it up it would have confirmed 4WD, right?

I'm waiting back to hear from the dealer I got the warranty from; they're closed for the night but I wanted the input from the forum at large.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nope, tell them it needs to be corrected. Dealerships ( obviously not all of them ) will try to make you pay, then write it off as warranty. if they have a leg to stand on ( well you didn't tell us it was 4wd ) type of thing, they will. If anything, piece of mind :)

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine didn't have 4wd checked either...was told it was not needed.

Either way, I have it in print saying it didn't need to be checked.

I logged into my account and checked, it does list mine as 4wd tho

Log in, go to my vehicle, then dashboard, then vehicle equipment, then standard...it shows mine as 4wd about the 10th option down

Last edited:

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much did you guys pay for the warranty if you don't mind me asking.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Get that in writing or have a new warranty started with the 4WD noted.

Dodgetk81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much did you guys pay for the warranty if you don't mind me asking.

I'm interested to know as well. Also, was if a local dealer or an online place?

OP
OP
BigDogg795

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So slight update; logged into my warranty status and I downloaded a copy specific to my vehicle (generated with my VIN and personal information). Within the document it specifies that my 4WD system is in fact covered by this warranty:

FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE (4x4): Transfer Case and all Internal Parts; Axle Housing and all Internal Parts; Axles Shafts; Axle Shaft
Bearings; Drive Shafts Assemblies (Front and Rear); Drive Shaft Center Bearings; Wheel Bearings; Universal Joints and Yokes;
Disconnect Housing Assembly; Seals and Gaskets.

So while I'm still waiting to hear back from the selling dealer; I'm feeling a bit more at ease that it's merely an oversight and was processed correctly.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd think as long as they used your VIN and it was entered correctly then that alone should be all that's needed to show your truck is 4wd.

OP
OP
BigDogg795

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So received my email back; 4WD was not necessary because it only applies when the the truck doesn't have a current powertrain warranty in effect. As my truck does; it's not necessary (I have this in writing). I'm satisfied; my truck shows warrantied until the end of the century or 999,999 miles.

For the record, I paid about $2900 online.