Factory battery went bad at 32k miles... dealer zero help... anyone else??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MdMassey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine went bad around 26,000 on my 2014 express, replaced no problem, left at dealer for the day.

Thankfully you have a decent dealership to work with. The OP's dealer couldn't see the truck for 5 days over a battery? WTF... I can swap a battery in about 10 minutes tops, most of us can... in order to warranty the batt it needed to stay on their tester for 5 hours... also reasonable but for a job as easy as the OP had the dealer could have parked the truck somewhere safe for a few hours, had a tech remove the batt and put it on the charger... then go back to whatever else he/she was doing while the battery charges. I have more than once punched 2 tickets at the same time as a tech, it happens all the time. There were other issues with his last service as well and he didn't give them good marks on the survey... then they refused to work on his truck any further unless he changed the survey... that is a ******** move by the dealership's service dept.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine is a 14 with about 49k on it , just yesterday after work the 1rst time ever it struggled to start , this morning cranked right up ....fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thankfully you have a decent dealership to work with. The OP's dealer couldn't see the truck for 5 days over a battery? WTF... I can swap a battery in about 10 minutes tops, most of us can... in order to warranty the batt it needed to stay on their tester for 5 hours... also reasonable but for a job as easy as the OP had the dealer could have parked the truck somewhere safe for a few hours, had a tech remove the batt and put it on the charger... then go back to whatever else he/she was doing while the battery charges. I have more than once punched 2 tickets at the same time as a tech, it happens all the time. There were other issues with his last service as well and he didn't give them good marks on the survey... then they refused to work on his truck any further unless he changed the survey... that is a ******** move by the dealership's service dept.
With service like that it seems they deserved a bad review.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is a 14 with about 49k on it , just yesterday after work the 1rst time ever it struggled to start , this morning cranked right up ....fingers crossed

My prediction is your battery will be toast before the end of the week.

Get your bus pass ready! :flamingdevil:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You may be correct

MikeG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine has been sitting in my shop since a week after I bought the truck in 12. Replaced it with a xs d3400r. I've got two d3400 in my power stroke that are 8 years old and never gave me a issue.

VA10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What brand batteries come stock with most of these trucks? I bought my truck CPO. From what I can my truck has an AC delco battery. I now have 56k miles on the truck and possibly 3-4 years on the batt if it was never swapped.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine lasted 2 years-ish but I live in desert heat and that's quite common here.

Tangent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I live in a harsh desert environment that is hard on tires and batteries (and wipers.) My truck is almost two and I plan on going ahead and replacing the stock battery and tires with a hefty Interstate battery and Michelin LT's if I keep it. I'm at just over 20K miles.