FCA Cheating on Emissions too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was only a matter of time. It's all VW fault.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man, that article should be an embarrassment to whoever wrote & printed it.

It has numerous spelling/usage/double word errors in it that an editor should have caught.

I also don't know what they are trying to say FCA did wrong. The article is too vague, and why would the EPA be telling FCA they sold software ??

Does seem interesting this follows on the announcement of a ford 1/2 ton diesel

Last edited:

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in a day in age where when the goverment hears a liberal cry out for any stupid reason and the news can make money on the story you best believe it will have action. but when normal people have concerns or if it isnt an exciting news story nothing is going to help.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully if they do decide FCA was cheating they don't hit them as hard as they did VW. VW is huge and had way more money than FCA. The fines still put a hurtin on VW. I don't know how FCA would be able to survive something like that. It looks like this is just a software issue so hopefully it will be an easy fix and a relatively small fine. I don't think they're trying to cover up anywhere near the like what VW did.

Last edited:

wykdtr0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Hopefully if they do decide FCA was cheating they don't hit them as hard as they did VW. VW is huge and had way more money than FCA. The fines still put a hurtin on VW. I don't know how FCA would be able to survive something like that.

I'm not particularly keen on being forced to give my truck back either. Hopefully they come up with a more amicable solution.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@averageguy, demand also reembursment of any and all down payments and interest paid towards the truck lol

JustB_rad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm just gonna leave this here...
cea2fbfdd7a718759b919844d6e16c44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Ram Pickup did this?!?! Gotta tell that guy he's not supposed to wash his truck off IN the river after ruttin around in the fields!

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man, that article should be an embarrassment to whoever wrote & printed it.

It has numerous spelling/usage/double word errors in it that an editor should have caught.

I also don't know what they are trying to say FCA did wrong. The article is too vague, and why would the EPA be telling FCA they sold software ??

Does seem interesting this follows on the announcement of a ford 1/2 ton diesel

I sent the author an email this morning about the editorial erros in the article, and his reply was:

Stay tuned. It will be updated many, many times today.

It was written in 15 minutes. I have been on 2 back-to-back conference calls.

I will be working on it and rewriting it all day throughout the course of the afternoon

Wow, I always thought you were supposed to research and have all you supporting data verified BEFORE you write the article.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Just make sure it is a no burn day, lol.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The EPA directly effects my company. we make wood burning stoves and furnaces. in May 2017, you will no longer be able to purchase a Wood/coal furnace. they will have to be Coal only or EPA certified for WOOD only. They have the regulations so down tight that they dont want you to burn wood or coal. they want you to heat your home with electricity or natural Gas. it will all cost you more $$$$. we have to go to EPA certification for all models we produce now. $1M per model to develop and certify to new standards. our industry has gone from 500 manufacturers in the 80's to less than 20 this year. several will be swallowed up in the next year. not good. Please roll back these regs.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is when American businesses need to band together to say "NO!" Sadly a lot of the big companies can profit off the regulations, and have politicians in their back pocket. Can only buy coal burning stoves, yet they destroyed the coal mines. Wood burning stoves? Sure, but you need a permit to cut, to haul and to burn it. **** that.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the gov't gonna get from Ram this time?

I read somewhere that it could be up to $44,000 per vehicle sold. It was something like 4.2 or 4.5 billion total. Ouch. I'm sure the final amount wouldn't be anywhere near that though. I don't think they were cheating like VW. Seems to be more not reporting some of the things they do to keep from damaging the vehicle in certain situations.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is when American businesses need to band together to say "NO!" Sadly a lot of the big companies can profit off the regulations, and have politicians in their back pocket. Can only buy coal burning stoves, yet they destroyed the coal mines. Wood burning stoves? Sure, but you need a permit to cut, to haul and to burn it. **** that.

big corps love regulations. reduces and eliminates competition.