Feedback!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LarryNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone. This is my first post as a potential Ram owner. Looking for some feedback that would be greatly appreciated. I've been driving my Honda Ridgeline for several years. A great ride, never a problem, no maintenance, etc. Looking at a gorgeous Ram 1500 Express 5.7 Hemi in Black tomorrow. Never owned a Dodge - always played in safe with Honda. Anyone have experience with this model Ram - any feedback would be helpful. Most people telling me I'm nuts switching from a Honda to a Dodge but I love the look and power - just hoping on the overall reliability down the line, etc. Thanks for reading.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well your not going to own a dodge. Your going to own a ram. They are nice ,you should like the hemi allot coming from a honda.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I have a 2013 with 32k and a 1999 with 162k and no problems except keeping tires on my 2013:naughty:

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well your not going to own a dodge. Your going to own a ram. They are nice ,you should like the hemi allot coming from a honda.

Since you're going to play on semantics, I'd like to point out that you used the wrong form of you're, misspelled a lot, and he would be owning a Dodge despite lacking badges that say "Dodge." lol

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Great truck. Got mine in November and I love it. I really like the ride quality since it's coils on the rear end instead of leafs. O problems so far and I've put 11k on it already.

And I think ram is its own brand now and isn't part of the dodge name.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Honda Ridgeline vs. RAM 1500

I'm not really a Dodge fan, been more of a Ford guy this life. However, I try and buy the best vehicle I can during whatever time period I am buying, I have even bought a couple Chevy's. However, Ram is the best truck going period end of story. My Ram is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Maybe the tundra would come in second, close with the modern Ford. But Honda is at the bottom of the list as far as Trucks. Literally comes in last on most guys lists, it is kind of the joke of the truck world. So enjoy your new truck, seriously you made the best choice.

You might like the look and power, but you will love the comfort as well. Back springs are revolutionary.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

LarryNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
!!!

Honda Ridgeline vs. RAM 1500

I'm not really a Dodge fan, been more of a Ford guy this life. However, I try and buy the best vehicle I can during whatever time period I am buying, I have even bought a couple Chevy's. However, Ram is the best truck going period end of story. My Ram is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Maybe the tundra would come in second, close with the modern Ford. But Honda is at the bottom of the list as far as Trucks. Literally comes in last on most guys lists, it is kind of the joke of the truck world. So enjoy your new truck, seriously you made the best choice.

You might like the look and power, but you will love the comfort as well. Back springs are revolutionary.

Thanks so much for that comparison. Great!!!

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had many trucks. This is my first ram. Ram takes the cake. It's just a more solid-well built truck in my opinion. And here in Az there's alot more Rams on the road that I see. That might say something. I've personally Nvr seen a ram on the side of the road. And comparing a ridge line to a ram is not even in the same ball park.

You won't be disappointed going with a ram. Good luck!

CherryRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It will take a little while to get acclimated to driving a larger vehicle. Once past the initial learning curve, I think you will really like the Ram.

Like Burla, I have owned about every brand. I have become, more or less, brand agnostic. I too find the Ram the best current choice for a full size truck.

If you can keep your foot out of the Hemi, I think you'll find the fuel mileage is about the same, if not a little better then your Ridgeline.

YMMV...

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an express. Some can lack the comforts that some people require in a new truck. Mine's pretty loaded for an express so I'm more than happy with it. It does have smaller dash and radio screen, no power seats and basic seat fabric. This is my first ram and I'm very happy with my decision. Not brand loyal and this was my first choice out of what's available right now.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Well you'd be upgrading to a real man's truck if you buy the Ram ;) lol

I wouldn't get black through..I thought I wanted black so I ordered mine in black last year. I don't think I could bring myself to go black again (lol). Too much trouble with scratches, plus having to hand dry it everything you wash it to avoid water spots (making it look like you didn't even wash the truck) is a *****.

If I could sell my Ram and buy any truck right now I'd buy a 2015 GMC 2500 Denali diesel, hell I almost did..but I really do love my Ram, and my next truck will probably be another Ram.