Few Q's and The Start of a New Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Like the title states... The Longhorn got totaled, got a few options from Dave Smith and Dennis Dillon in Idaho. Dennis Dillon is offering me a 24% discount from MSRP which is a great deal, plus their complimentary lifetime warranty, this is from the dealer: "The lifetime warranty is a Lifetime Powertrain warranty, covering any major lubricated engine part on the vehicle for as long as you are the owner. Regardless of years or miles."

I'm flying out to Idaho if I decide to buy it. MSRP is $50,190 & I have a guaranteed price of $37,772 for the truck + dock fee $299 & title fee around $100. Truck is a 2017 RAM 1500 Night Edition, that has the options I'm looking for. 4x4, Hemi, 3.92's. Here's the deal - if I fly to Idaho & they try to add a bunch of fees I won't be a happy camper. Any experience with this dealership?

Now to the fun parts. I'm looking at getting the stance in the pic attached... 20x12 with either a -43 or a -44 offset, to achieve this look. Fuel Assault/Maverick to be specific. Can I run that with a 35x12.50x20 tire?

For tires, I previously had a set of Toyo RT's but they're hella heavy. Options? That are both lighter & more affordable? Maybe Toyo AT2's, Cooper AT3's or Cooper STT Maxx's?

Lastly, how will that setup work with a 6" lift? Smith dealership mechanic wasn't a huge fan of doing a -43 or -44 with a 6" lift at all, but Dillon dealership mechanic didn't have any problems with it. My last lift was a 6/3" BDS lift with Fox 2.0 shocks in the back and I wasn't 100% happy. Sort of a rough ride and truck made clunk noises when turning right over a bump. I'm looking into a 6/3" Zone which a lot of members run. What shocks did you use to improve the ride? Not thinking about adding Bil's up front. Too much space with 35's in my opinion. I'll only be using the truck on road. Lift for looks + bigger tires. Open for options. Let the haters come and hate ;)

Smith dealership would get tires+wheels from Les Schwab, which would let me rotate/balance for free through them. Dillon gets them right from Fuel/tire manufacturer, plus they add a fee of $225 for TMPS, stems, lugs, tools and mounting/balancing.

Also, I have 3 intact Bushwacker fender flares that are the right paint... The fourth one got messed up in the accident. Experience with buying just one new one from Bushwacker?

I've done a ton of research being I went through this process about a year ago, before my baby got totaled. Appreciate all input. If I end up getting a bigger check from insurance company, I'd like to look into coilovers too. Thanks in advance. Hope everyone is having a blessed Saturday!

Attachments

• RAM 1500 Stance.jpg
    RAM 1500 Stance.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 55

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
Does that dealer know you're flying in to see the truck? If they know you came all that way to see the truck, they know they've pretty much got you locked in. Plus their warranty probably only applies if they do every scheduled oil change, and likely won't cover anything except catastrophic engine failure, which, if you change your oil regularly, likely will never happen. knocking noises, burning oil, misfires, etc likely will not apply either.

That said, if you have your correspondence documented (email) then they will have to honor what they said.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does that dealer know you're flying in to see the truck? If they know you came all that way to see the truck, they know they've pretty much got you locked in. Plus their warranty probably only applies if they do every scheduled oil change, and likely won't cover anything except catastrophic engine failure, which, if you change your oil regularly, likely will never happen. knocking noises, burning oil, misfires, etc likely will not apply either.

That said, if you have your correspondence documented (email) then they will have to honor what they said.

b8ab0410e9c7d91632ae978d30cb212b.png

From the Dennis Dillon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro