Finally got me a RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Hey guys,

I took delivery of my new Ram last night. It's a 2017 2500 tradesman with snow chief package, white, cc/sb.

I love it! I will try to post some pics soon as i can. This is my first new mopar product.

I had this in the works for the past few weeks, so i had ordered the oem mopar deluxe molded splash guards, weather tech bug shield and raptor series 4" chrome wheel to wheel side steps.

I got all installed today except the front splash guards.

In the spring i want to get the bed line-xed.

I love this beast, it sits up high, wide and handsome :)

Thanks for all of your help and tips since i joined here, i really appreciate it

G

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen. :D

Congrats on the new truck!

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Thanks guys! Here you go! This was right after i got home last night. I did the bug shield, stainless steel W2W side steps and the rear splash guards today. I just have to get the front splash guards on tomorrow and then she'll be set for awhile. Kind of upsets me the drivers side bar has a small dent in it right out of the box, but fortunately it's on the inside of the step, so you can't see it. Oh well. It's going to get hammered with salt and cinders anyway no doubt.

Attachments

• 20161230_183017.jpg
    20161230_183017.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good lookin' truck!

Time to update that user profile, eh?

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
I thought Dodge done away with steel wheel years ago, guess not.
I had a white Ram once, I loved it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
2500 is the way to go.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats on the new truck

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys! Here you go! This was right after i got home last night. I did the bug shield, stainless steel W2W side steps and the rear splash guards today. I just have to get the front splash guards on tomorrow and then she'll be set for awhile. Kind of upsets me the drivers side bar has a small dent in it right out of the box, but fortunately it's on the inside of tree step, so you can't see it. Oh well. It's going to get hammered with salt and cinders anyway no doubt.
Sweet!
Enjoy your new Ram.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys! Here you go! This was right after i got home last night. I did the bug shield, stainless steel W2W side steps and the rear splash guards today. I just have to get the front splash guards on tomorrow and then she'll be set for awhile. Kind of upsets me the drivers side bar has a small dent in it right out of the box, but fortunately it's on the inside of tree step, so you can't see it. Oh well. It's going to get hammered with salt and cinders anyway no doubt.
By the way, love Old Glory hanging on the wall.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice! I like that it's nothing fancy.

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Thanks guys. I've only driven it home from the dealer and on one test drive before that, but man, i love this truck. This is what i wanted from the beginning a year and a half ago when i bought the 1500 Silverado and convinced myself i didn't "need" a 3/4 ton truck. So I'm super happy the second dealer in my town, Susquehanna Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep was able to work with me on this deal, which was a good deal. They are great and I highly recommend them. Much better than the first dealer in my town i went to who were not dealing fairly with me. They were Downright arrogant and unprofessional. I won't be going there again anytime soon. I will recommend family and friends don't do business with them.

Yes she's a simple truck and i like that. I like the chrome steel wheels. The tradesman package with snow chief and popular equipment group, u connect 3.0 radio with Bluetooth, pw, pdl, ac, remote entry, cruise control, back up camera and rear sonar system is all the options i really need or wanted.

I'm a simple country man and i like my trucks that way. I like white vehicles, always have. I remember when i was younger work trucks like this came with vinyl bench seats and manual Windows and locks. I guess you could still order one that way, but again, years ago you had to go to an upper trim level to get the options my truck has. Times have changed and for the better.

My Silverado was a good truck, but i just don't need all the fancy stuff it had, 7" touchscreen, heated leather seats, remote start, navigation, ect. I traded that stuff for a much more capable truck that i won't have to worry if I'm close to or over the payload rating when i go on camping trips. There were some things i didn't like about it like the carpeted inner wheel wells, wax coated frame, etc, but those are minor complaints.

Thanks for the comment on old glory. My dad and both grandfathers were former military and I'm former LEO, So my love for this great country runs deep.
- G

Last edited:

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
i won't have to worry if I'm close to or over the payload rating when i go on camping trips.
Just don't post it on this site, you will get a beat down :)

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice truck man! We are reppin that snow white. I wish mine would've came with cab clearance lights buy oh wheel I can add those in the future. Its definitely a few step ups from the 1500. This ruined me I will never buy a 1500 again. I'm debating on blacking out badges and wheels or keeping Chrome. I definitely need to get some step rails bc these things sit 2-3 inches higher than my 1500 and that had 33.5" tires and a 2.5" level

OP
OP
GsRAM

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Nice truck man! We are reppin that snow white. I wish mine would've came with cab clearance lights buy oh wheel I can add those in the future. Its definitely a few step ups from the 1500. This ruined me I will never buy a 1500 again. I'm debating on blacking out badges and wheels or keeping Chrome. I definitely need to get some step rails bc these things sit 2-3 inches higher than my 1500 and that had 33.5" tires and a 2.5" level

No doubt they sit up! I love that. Yeah, i love the look of the clearance lights. It was one of the requirements when i was looking for a truck.