Forever Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're 40 years old and talking about "forever truck"? Like others have said, I wouldn't be thinking of it that way at your age. If you really want the PW and it fits the budget and makes sense, go for it. If you don't need it, it would stretch the income a bit, or you realize you are actually just very happy with your 1500, keep that one and put off a new truck.

Yeah... sounds more like midlife crisis to me than planning for retirement lol

OP
OP
Punishher7

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the input guys. It may be a touch of a midlife crisis however my "reasoning " at the moment is that I won't have the guaranteed income level I have right now so I want to have my dream truck paid off with a lifetime warranty in place. Now, or soon, is the time to decide if that's my 1500 or a PW. Add to that the itch for something different and it's a tough spot I'm in... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yobuck139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just traded a '13 1500 big horn for a '17 PW Laramie. And guess what . . . I love it!! The 13 was a great truck but I could still get hood trade value for it. My opinion is if you're retiring from military (thank you) and the PW is something you want and won't break the bank, do it!!

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Get what makes you happy, but do so in a financially responsible manner. You only live once. Enjoy life. It can be over in the blink of an eye.

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
i would keep the 14 until you are retired and settled in civilian world. then see what shakes out.

This. Instead of buying now, set the money you would be spending on PW off to the side. You may end up at a civilian job where it'd be completely impractical to own, or decide on a different vehicle. Regardless, you'll have all that extra cash laying around in 3 or 4 years.