Free dealer oil changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Williamw454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I am going for my second "free oil change" and the dealer claims i have to pay for scheduled maintenance to maintain the free oil change.
This time it is 25 bucks to rotate the tires. But I told him I was never told this when i bought the truck, and I feel as though he's kicking me in the nuts ha. But am i going to keep having to throw money at them to get the oil change? Personally I'd rather do them my self but free sounded good..

thanks

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
Let me guess...... Its at Artioli Dodge in Enfield? Thats where I get my trucks from. and unless they have changed it up since I've deployed... You shouldn't have to pay that. Its just a oil change not the tire rotation yet. But if you do want the scheduled maintenance then you do have to pay what he told you.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Decline the tire rotation, but try to take advantage of the free oil changes. Tell him you will rotate the tires yourself, or pay $15 at NTB. If they refuse, start changing your own oil. They can't deny warranty if you keep all your receipts, and document maintenance.

OP
OP
W

Williamw454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea over at Artioli. I got a damn good price on my truck, so I wouldn't be to ticked to do the oil myself.

Ya i wanted the oil change, no maintenance and to keep the warrantee. But I guess I'd pay 20 bucks to rotate the tires it is like 15 degrees out. Just don't want to be stuck adding a little more to that maintenance list everytime I go.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
Yea they have great prices there. I know the owner of the dealer personally. But yea you shouldnt have to pay the extra maintenance fee. Just call of a app and say you want a oil change thats it. should be no issue/hassle. Ive never had a issue with them.

OP
OP
W

Williamw454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya they seem like a good group of guys. I like that one son's orange laramie. Well i'm scheduled to go there tomorrow.. So see how it goes I guess.

mile_high

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My dealer does an ok job on the "free" maintenance but won't detail the truck. The owner called me a few weeks ago to check up (I bought the Ram and a Jeep GC at the same time). I told her and she said, "I guess we should run the vacuums a little more". Wow ... that's is?